Click on a guestbook tab to expand that year’s entries
- "Thank you for such a lovely stay. My family felt like home here and it was a little difficult to leave. 🙂 Your home is truly warm and cozy. If we ever return we will definitely be staying here.” - Kyle, TX
- "We will be back. Great stay. Thank you!" - San Diego, CA
- "Awesome cabin!! What a great stay!! Super comfy and a great view!! Definitely will be back." - El Paso, TX
- "Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. We felt at home immediately, as everything was/is labeled, placed intuitively, and well thought out. Every day the wild life stopped by to say hello. One morning we were treated to 3 bucks, 5 doe, 27 wild turkeys, and 1 large elk cow AT ONE TIME! We would love to stay here again and my wife even mentioned retiring here if the house is for sale." - Houston, TX & Las Cruces, NM
- "It was a lovely experience coming here to enjoy your beautiful and comfortable cabin. The surroundings are pristine and the view amazing. Although I've been here (to Ruidoso) many times, since I live in Las Cruces, it was made more special by experiencing the beauty, wildlife, and scenery through the eyes of my son and daughter-in-law. Thank you!" - Las Cruces, NM
- "Thank you. Your home is beautiful. We enjoyed every minute. My family and I are grateful that you allowed this much QT needed by our family. God Bless."
- "We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your lovely home. The location is perfect with beautiful views and very comfortable accommodation. Thank you for offering to share it with others." - TX & NM
- "Thank you for allowing us to use your home. We had a great time. Will return in the future!!!!"
- "You have a lovely home and y'all have made it homey for just about anybody. Thank you so much." - Midland, TX
- "Thank you for such a lovely stay!! Your home is welcoming, cozy, and we felt at home. Such an amazing view! We will be back!" - TX
March through June
- "Thank you so much! This place was absolutely beautiful, and we had a wonderful time! We will definitely be staying here again! Thank you!"
- "Thank you. We enjoyed our stay. You have a lovely home. it was clean and comfortable with spectacular views. We look forward to staying here again!" - Las Cruces, NM
- "We had an amazing week in your cabin! Everything was great and we had everything we needed! This is our favorite place to stay and we will be back again!"
- "Joe & Judy, thank you so much for opening up your cabin to our family. We all had a great time. My husband and I enjoyed daily hikes in your backyard, we loved the view. My mom loved all the wildlife that came up to the back yard. The first day she saw a black bear. All other days we saw deer and turkeys. My husband had fun using a turkey call from his phone. The turkeys fell for it and we had 6 turkeys come visit us. We loved that your home was so spacious, clean, & fully equipped. We really appreciate how responsive you were throughout our stay and even prior to our stay." - Sacramento, CA: Albuquerque, NM
- "Thank you! We had a wonderful time in your beautiful clean home. It was an awesome family experience, your home is very nice. Thank you for letting us stay here. God bless you."
- "Thank yall for your hospitality. Your cabin is very nice indeed, we had a great time. Thank you so much for letting us stay here. God bless."
- "I wanted to say that your cabin was very comfortable, and very pretty. Hope to come back soon again. Had a great time, because I love the mountains and trees."
- "The cabin is so nice and homey. Very well stocked. My family and I had a great time here. I love the scenery and enjoyed watching the little birdies and the deer. Hope to come back again soon. Thank you so much and God bless you."
- "Awesome time!" - Odessa, TX
- "What a beautiful place you have here! We have certainly enjoyed our stay. Thank you for sharing!" - Brady, TX
- "Thank you for sharing your beautiful home. It was a pleasure being here!"
- "We really enjoyed every aspect of your spacious home, and appreciate all the little details you took care of. The views are beautiful and we enjoyed seeing the hummingbirds, deer, elk and wild turkey. A great vacation." - Sugar Land, TX
- "Thank you for sharing your home. Our three generations of family had a very wonderful weekend! Stay healthy!"
- "We love your place! Thanks for everything. The place is beautiful. Like the View! ” - TX
- "Thank you for everything. This place is one of our favorite places to stay. Always a great time!" - Las Cruces, NM
- "We are so grateful for this space. All of our adult children were able to come into town from different states and this was a great home for us this week!" - NM
- "We got here and it’s a perfect place for us! We saw deer too!"
- "We had a wonderful day: well rested, cooking out on the deck, fed the deer; fox and turkeys showed up. We went hiking in the mountains."
- "Time to go but we needed the rest. Our family is very active at church; a retired pastor and our current pastor." - TX
- "We had an amazing stay at your beautiful cabin. We saw deer and squirrels. You guys have a great view. We will definitely be staying here again." - TX
- "Thank you so much for letting us stay at your beautiful cabin. It is by far the nicest cabin we have ever stayed at in Ruidoso! We enjoyed feeding the deer and elk that came up. Our grandkids just loved watching the animals! We plan on being back again. It is the perfect place for our entire family." - TX
- "We have enjoyed our stay at your lovely home. I fed 15# of sugar and water to the hummers. Half of them left on Saturday before we did. We saw the fox!" - TX
- "We had soooo much fun! We are excited to come back again! Laney ****, granddaughter!" - TX
- "We enjoyed our stay. Seeing the deer was one of our favorite parts. Thank you for having us!" - NM
- "We enjoyed your beautiful home. Thank you! We are always so happy here. We will be back next year." - NM
- "Thank you for this amazing property! We enjoyed the stay. The kids had a blast watching the deer, the stars, and the trees. The mini hike to the back hill was awesome too! Excellent house, excellent location! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!"
Spacious home in the mountains.
5/5, Stayed Oct 2019
Beautiful, clean cabin with great views and lots of wildlife to watch. Although the cable and internet worked perfectly, the kids spent most of their time on the deck that looks out onto National Forest land. They were not disappointed as they saw deer, fox, turkey, raccoon, and many different bird species. The home was very clean well kept. Mr. Christian checked in on us and was a pleasure to talk to.
Published Oct 11, 2019
5/5, Stayed Sep 2019
Outstanding beginning to end
Published Sep 10, 2019
Room with a View
5/5, Stayed Aug 2019
This property was very nice and really clean. We enjoyed the back porch views and seeing the deer, turkeys, and a fox. The house had everything we could possibly need. It is a little tricky to get to, but worth it!
Published Aug 26, 2019
5/5, Stayed Aug 2019
Beautiful property in a beautiful quiet location. Perfectly setup and organized for our visit. We were fortunate to see deer, turkey and even a gray fox, not to mention the 100's of hummingbirds at the back porch. We will definitely return.
Published Sep 2, 2019
5/5, Stayed Jul 2019
Judy G., Comanche, TX
This is our 4th time staying at this property and, as always, we didn’t want to leave. The wildlife is always fun to watch and the mountains are picturesque. Ready for our next trip!
Published Jul 26, 2019
5/5, Stayed Jul 2019
As our second stay at this wonderful home, my family felt like we were coming home! We feel so comfortable in this cabin. Everybody has their own space, the kitchen is excellent to cook in (and we did a lot of cooking), and the back balcony is perfect for sitting and watching wildlife and listening to the birds. I would definitely recommend this property for your family vacation. Joe and Judy are excellent hosts!!!
Published Jul 16, 2019
Another great one!
5/5, Stayed Jul 2019
Our family had stayed here 2 years in a row. Both years have been exceptional experiences and would not hesitate to recommend for anyone. The cabin is clean, comfortable, and just downright amazing in all capacities. The owners are amazing to work with.
Published Jul 7, 2019
Exceeded our expectations!
5/5, Stayed Feb 2019
Feb 2019 After traveling 9 hrs from TX it was nice walking into a Cabin that was spotless! My families first words were wow look at the view! Shortly after arriving the homeowners called to make sure we had arrived safely and that we had everything we needed. Words can't explain how great this Cabin is and how much everyone enjoyed the stay. This will be our go to Cabin when traveling to Ruidoso.
Published Feb 13, 2019
An amazing stay
5/5, Stayed Jan 2019
Lucille E., Andrews, Texas
We fell in love with the cabin when we first walked in. Perfect for our needs, it was like being at home but up in the mountains our whole family loved the view, the comfort, and lay out of your home. Thank you so much for sharing it with our family. We come to Ruidoso several times a year and this cabin is the one everyone says is the best. So hopefully it will be available on our next trip.
Published Jan 20, 2019
- ”Gorgeous snow!! Kids had a fantastic time! Love your cabin in the mountains! We will be back soon! Thanks so very much.” - Frisco, TX
- ”Your house was wonderfully comfortable for everyone and very private. We enjoyed watching the deer and turkey, although we didn’t see elk here. We drove up to Alto Lake and saw a big herd, it was great too. We went for hikes up the mountains in the back and saw some elk signs, Everyone had a great time and want to secure your number so we can stay again. Thank hou so much for providing your home for us.” - Andrews, TX
- ”Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us! We had a wonderful time and made great memories.” - Eddy, TX
- ”So refreshing to the heart! Thank you for allowing us to stay at your house and enjoy a beautiful stay. Second time staying here and it gets better every time. We will be back soon!” - Eldorado, TX
- ”We have absolutely loved our time here. The views are amazing. Our 11 year old especially loved the deer. We had 9 or 10 all at once one morning. The snow was unexpected and so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your home with us! And thank you for checking in on us before the snow storm came through. You have really thought of everything for your guests. We were able to complete 2 of your puzzles during our stay. We will be back again sometime!” - Frisco, TX
- ”Thank you for sharing your beautiful home. We have been staying here for years and it is still as beautiful as the first time. We look forward to staying here again.” - Roswell, NM
- ”You are blessed to have such a wonderful home and we were very fortunate to spend some time here. Whether it was when the deer followed the car back to the driveway for their evening meal (I did mention they have high expectations), or the hummingbirds in there close to your ear flyby on their way to the feeder, or the gorgeous orange-red color of day break (around 5:40 AM) or walking nearby Lincoln – reaching out and touching history . . . I could go on. Needless to say we enjoyed every minute!” - Asheville, NC
- ”Our stay in your cabin this year was great! We love your cabin and it is perfect for our yearly family vacation! Thank you very much for sharing your cabin with us. The memories our children and family are making are priceless to us! See you again!” - Clifton, TX
- ”We had a great time for our week in your home! The house is spacious, and we enjoyed all having our own rooms and bathrooms. This time we saw 4 elk, mule deer, fox, and the ravens and hummingbirds. We are still waiting to sight that bear! Ha Ha! We all feel so comfortable in your home. This is our second stay, and we made a lot more family memories! Thank you again for your kind hospitality.” - Kerrville & Austin, TX Lincoln, NE
- ”We really enjoyed our stay in your home. You have made it very friendly for children and a perfect place to bring our family. Thank you for all the thoughtful things you have provided – from booster seats to a security gate on the stairs. We all love the beautiful view from your deck and the fun of watching the animals and birds. You are helping us make wonderful family memories.” - Austin & Lubbock, TX Orlando, FL
- ”Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us. Such a gorgeous location! We so enjoyed the views, deer, turkey and hummingbirds. We hope to return for a longer stay in the future. The weather was perfect considering we left 110 degree weather in the Tuscon area. P.S. – We so appreciated the organization and neatness of your home as well.” - Vail, CO
- ”Thank you for sharing your home. We enjoyed everything. We enjoyed watching the deer, turkeys, and a fox.” - Littlefield, TX
- ”We enjoyed the great view and warm house.” - Midland, TX
- ”Great time, great place. Hope to see you again.” - Red Oak, TX
- ”Again, our stay in your lovely home was wonderful! Wonderful time of relaxation and fellowship. The first time for us to have an elk visit! Even though we were short 1 couple that makes us complete, the time was perfect!! Looking forward to another visit.” - Bracketville & Waxahachie, TX
- ”The cabin was very nice and clean! Our family loved it. We look forward to staying again.” - El Paso, TX
- ”Pleasant stay! Your home is so convenient and well appointed. Views are great. Thank you so much for allowing us to share with you.” - Oklahoma City, OK
- ”We had a wonderful time at your cabin. It was everything we were looking for! It was so clean and comfortable. We look forward to returning next year!” - Albuquerque, NM
- "Thank you for sharing your wonderful home with us. It was exactly what we were looking for. Great home and great location! Our kids loved the deer that stopped by daily. We had everything we needed and Joe we really appreciated you checking with us to make sure everything was good, especially with the winter weather. We loved the Snow! We will definitely be back if we have a chance to come back to Ruidoso.” - Riesel, TX
- "Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful home with us. We loved the beautiful views and wildlife. We have been coming to Ruidoso for many years and this has been the most well stocked and guest friendly home we have stayed in. We truly appreciate your thoughtful preparations were much appreciated. Thanks for checking in on us. We hope to be back again soon. God’s Blessings upon you and yours." - San Angelo, TX
Cabin was beautiful and as advertised.
5/5, Stayed Dec 2018
Brett C., Pearland Texas
The cabin was outstanding and had everything we needed already there. It was very comfortable and the views were stunning. We had deer and Turkey around all week. Record snowfall in Ruidoso the week we were there, so that was pretty neat as well. I highly recommend this home. We plan on returning too.
Published Jan 5, 2019
The place was very enjoyable. Beautiful scenery, wild life and climate. Location great.
5/5, Stayed Aug 2018
Beautiful, with everything we needed to eat sleep and relax. Very warm and spacious for 3 couples and me. I could have stayed forever. The balcony was great, we ate outside and enjoyed the climate, deer, Turkey and elk in a distance.
Published Aug 25, 2018
What an amazing place to stay with stunning views!
5/5, Stayed Jul 2018
We have been traveling to Ruidoso for some time now as a family. We have found our cabin that we will be staying in every year from here on out. Joe and Judy were such a help with any questions we had. The cabin went above anything we could imagine. It was clean and had everything you need to make your stay amazing. This was definitely a jewel.
Published Jul 20, 2018
Comfortable, spacious home with great views
5/5, Stayed Jun 2018
Our family spent the weekend here and really enjoyed the home’s perfect mix. Lots of room for us to spread out, convenient to downtown and other activities and beautiful views of the Ruidoso mountains. We really enjoyed shopping or hiking during the day and then playing board games (found in the closet) on the deck until sunset. Definitely recommended for a family looking to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay in Ruidoso.
Published Jul 7, 2018
5/5, Stayed Jun 2018
We loved our stay! This property is beautiful, incredibly spacious, very clean, well equipped and maintained. We especially loved the huge kitchen which allowed 7 adults to actively help with meals. The back deck with beautiful view of mountains was our favorite place to be. Owner provided excellent service and assistance with questions. Would highly recommend this location!
Published Jun 26, 2018
Great place to stay. Beautiful views and very relaxing.
5/5, Stayed Apr 2018
Jack C., Artesia, New Mexico
Had a great time. The views are spectacular and house is gorgeous
Published Apr 16, 2018
- “Wonderful stay as usual. We hate to leave! Thanks!” - Lubbock, TX
- “Had a great time, awesome place.” - Philippines
- “Such an awesome place – would love to come back!” - Philippines
- “Thank you so much for your hospitality and welcoming us into your beautiful cabin. We look forward to making more memories here in the near future!” - El Paso, TX
- “Thank you for sharing your home with us. You have a beautiful place. We had a great time. Thank you so much for your hospitality.” - Artesia, NM
- “We loved staying in your beautiful home. Our trip was wonderful! We would love to come back next year.” - Midland, TX
- “You know how much we loving staying here in your lovely home. The view and the birds are awesome!” - El Paso, TX
- “This is/was our 3rd stay in 13 years. We love it so much we keep coming back! Thanks again!” - Aledo, TX
- “Again, our family has had a fantastic time at your mountain retreat. We’ve made so many memories exploring as well as relaxing. Thanks for providing such a respite for our family. Will be back soon. Thanks so much.” - Frisco, TX
- “Thank you so much for the hospitality of your beautiful home. We enjoyed our weekend and love the views. We will be back!” - Denver, CO
- “We came back to Ruidoso after 15 years to visit the special place where we got married and our lives together began. Your house was the perfect place to spend time as a family and to re-live some very dear memories with our boys. Thank you for opening up your home to us.” - Baltimore, MD
- “My daughter found this house on VRBO. I’m so glad she did. It is everything we wanted and more. My husband and I flew up from central Texas to Lubbock. There we joined our daughter and family and drove here. The time spent here was delightful! We enjoyed watching deer, wild turkey and fox.” - Lubbock, TX
- “We vacation every year in Ruidoso and this is our 1st time staying at the Twin Mountain Cabin. It is by far the best cabin we have stayed at. We will definitely be returning to this location. We had so much fun and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing cabin with us!” - Clifton, TX
- “Hi guys! I had such a fun time in your house! Me and my sister made little houses on the ground behind your house. You can see three of them but you can’t see one of mine because it’s under the back porch. My sister’s two houses are on tree stumps and mine are on the ground. My tent is that stump behind the tree with the tiny bush at the bottom left. Look a little to the right and you can see one of my sister’s. Look a little more and you can see her other one. My other house is in between the aster bedroom and the end of the table and under the back porch like I said earlier. I also caught a Gecko in your garage! Stay well!”
- “Refreshing to the heart!” - Lubbock, TX
- “We had such a wonderful time, as we always do! My roommate reunion was wonderful, and everyone was comfortable and loved it! The hummingbirds put on quite a show this year!! Thank you for allowing us to stay in your wonderful home once again! We hope to be back soon!!” - Arlington, TX
- “This home was a wonderful place with a perfect setting. The scenery was beautiful. The 7 of us certainly had a wonderful time here and certainly would enjoy a return trip. I certainly can’t think of anything that could have made it better. The elk, deer, turkeys and birds were enjoyed by all. Location excellent. Nice rains to be enjoyed since we came from Texas where it is so dry.” - Paducah, TX
- ”Once again we bring to a close our family Thanksgiving in your mountain home. I feel so at home here and it is always a memorable time spent here. We appreciate your hospitality and all the things you do to make it a special time. Because Tommy and I are getting older and developing some health problems, this may be our last time to visit. I have a heart full of treasured memories that I will carry with me always. Our prayer for you is good health and God’s richest blessings on your lives. Thank you so much for the privilege of sharing in this beautiful setting. God bless you.” - Dallas, TX
( Owner’s note: This family has spent 11 Thanksgivings at our cabin!)
- ”RECORD SNOWFALL IN RUIDOSO THIS WEEK!! Thank you for opening your cabin for us to stay. We had a great family vacation. Everything was perfect. Also thank you for keeping us updated on the weather with the record snowfall this week. We hope to return to this beautiful place as soon as possible!! Also thanks to Jackie for helping us out.” - Pearland & League City, TX
5/5, Stayed Nov 2017
Amazing home! The home is well maintained and has amazing views. We’ve rented this home before and plan to rent it again. We love staying here for our family getaways. The owners are very nice and provide excellent customer service.
Published Nov 13, 2017
Amazing place. We didn't want to leave.
5/5, Stayed Aug 2017
Becki R., Fort Scott, Kansas
This was our second year at this home and couldn't wait to get back to it. There were 6 of us (3 couples) and we each had our privacy but plenty of room to get together and enjoy the view. The kitchen, cookware, dishes, everything you could ever want and duplicates in some instances. A cook's delight. Since we knew we had a wonderful kitchen, we stocked up and did most of our meals together at the house. The view is spectacular and the privacy is unmatched. Hope to stay again. Don't think it would be possible to find a more perfect place in Ruidoso to enjoy the town, the shopping and most importantly the mountains and serenity. Great Job Joe!
Published Aug 23, 2017
Perfect mountain vacation for our family!
5/5, Stayed Aug 2017
This home is perfect for a family vacation! Spacious, homey, and wonderful mountain and forest views. There were 6 in our group (2 couples, and 2 singles); we each had our own bedroom which is splendid. The backyard is National Forest and nice for hiking up the mountain. We saw many mule deer, wild turkey, and many hummingbirds at the feeders. It is secluded and quiet. It takes no more than 5 minutes, and you are on the main street of town. You do have to walk up to the cabin, either by the outside gravel walkway or through the garage stairs; my 96 year old mother was able to do it with assistance of 1, but it was a bit tiring for her.
All in all, we enjoyed it tremendously! I would recommend this cabin for family and friend vacations!
Published Aug 19, 2017
5/5, Stayed Aug 2017
We really enjoyed the house.The beds are good,the house was nice and clean.It was comfortable to stay in.We really enjoyed sitting out on the deck. Everyone has said they want to stay there again next year.It is by far one of the best places we have stayed at.
Published Aug 8, 2017
5/5, Stayed Jul 2017
This was an amazing place to stay! We are planning on returning during the winter months. Thank you for sharing your cabin with us!
Published Aug 3, 2017
Above and beyond all expectations!
5/5, Stayed Jul 2017
The views were spectacular! Loved seeing all the wildlife! The house was beautiful and clean! It's close to town but still very quiet! We definitely want to stay here again!
Published Aug 1, 2017
Wonderful, relaxing stay at Twin Mountain, Ruidoso, NM
5/5, Stayed Jul 2017
Twin Mountain is a beautiful, unique property! It is very clean and furnished with lovely furniture and decor that would suit everyone's comfort and needs. The bedrooms, kitchen, and living areas are planned to give more than adequate space and privacy. Outside, the deck gives a beautiful view of the Lincoln National Forest that abounds with turkeys, deer, and hummingbirds that capture your attention to enjoy the wonders of nature. I cannot say enough about how this property provided a perfect setting for our vacation. The owner was very diligent about seeing that we had everything we needed.
Published Jul 22, 2017
The perfect getaway in Ruidoso
5/5, Stayed Jun 2017
Our family of 5, including 3 teens, absolutely loved Twin Mountains Cabin! After searching and searching the Internet for just the right cabin, I'm so thankful we chose this one. It was so clean, roomy and well equipped, but the views were what made it a dream place. We were loved being out on the deck as much as possible. We enjoyed all the deer, hummingbirds and turkey coming to see us each day, hiking up the mountain right out the back door, and the sense of seclusion, even though we were so close to town! We even took advantage of their board games and puzzles they have there. The owners are wonderful and so easy to work with as well. It was a great family time and if we go back to Ruidoso, we will only stay at Twin Mountains!
Published Jul 13, 2017
Without a doubt one of the nicest and cleanest cabins I have stayed in at Ruidoso.
5/5, Stayed May 2017
Took 4 couples up there plenty of room very spacious. Would for sure stay there again. Located in upper canyon would recommend 4 wheel drive.
Published Jun 1, 2017
Great stay, amazing views!!
5/5, Stayed May 2017
This is a wonderful place to stay and get away from it all. Sitting on the back balcony watching the deer and the humming birds was so wonderful.
Published May 22, 2017
Great time in Ruidoso
5/5, Stayed Feb 2017
The cabin is very nice with great views.
Published Mar 1, 2017
5/5, Stayed Jan 2017
Nice cabin with fantastic views! Very clean and well maintained. Owners are great to work with. Very spacious and it was nice having the 4 very roomy bedrooms and the 3 full bathrooms! Definitely recommend.
Published Jan 17, 2017
- “Thank you so much for all your accommodations! The house is beautiful and has everything one might need!! We hope to come back again sometime in the future!! Cozy home and would recommend to many! Views, deer, turkeys, bluebirds, etc. were all pretty amazing. Thanks for everything.” - El Paso, TX
- “Thank you for having us, we had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. The view is gorgeous! We were all very comfortable and felt right at home. Beautiful house!!” - Spring Branch, TX
- “We had a great time, the cabin is awesome. We expect to come back next year. Thanks a lot.”
- “Our families loved your beautiful house. We enjoyed the scenery and abundant wildlife. You thoughtfully equipped your house with everything we would need, overall you helped us have a great time in Ruidoso. May this house continue to bless its occupants.” - North Richland Hills, TX
- “You guys are amazing for contributing to Our Lady of Guadalupe and giving somebody a chance to come visit your home. It is BEAUTIFUL! We are definitely planning another trip soon. We fell in love with everything. Y’all have a beautiful home. Thank you so much for giving me and my family this wonderful opportunity. God Bless.” - San Angelo & Eldorado, TX
- “What a treat to spend time with our cousins. Your vacation home is so welcoming & beautiful.” - Amarillo, TX
- “What a lovely cousin’s retreat! Thanks for a wonderful weekend.” - Panhandle, TX
- “We have had a wonderful time here at your beautiful home in Ruidoso. You have been such gracious hosts and have been so welcoming. Having an opportunity to reconnect with cousins has been priceless! Thank you for everything and we will keep in touch!” - Manhattan, KS
- “We have been coming to Ruidoso for forty years. Of all the places we have stayed your home is our favorite. Thank you for sharing this beautiful home with us.” - El Paso, TX
- “We have absolutely loved being in your cabin these last few days. What a blessing it has been! I have said several times this week, ‘If this cabin isn’t available when we want to come again, we will just wait til it is!’ Thank you for everything, and thank you to the cleaning crew for making and keeping this cabin so clean and welcoming!” - Montgomery, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your lovely home. We first visited eight years ago and loved it so much, we had to return. My children and grandchildren still talk about the fun time they had in the ‘big house’ in Ruidoso. Maybe one of these days their schedules will slow and we can return as a family. Your home is as beautiful and clean as it was 8 years ago. Thank you! PS, thanks for making our stay extra special by working with us!” - Tomball, TX
- “We would like to thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home. It was above and beyond our expectations! We are all sad we have to leave tomorrow but this is one vacation we will never forget! God bless your both!” - Rio Visa, TX
- “Thank you so much for the stay in your beautiful home. We loved the seclusion, the views, the animals and the home. We hope to come back again and stay in the future. We come up and stay every year, and so far, I have loved your place the best! God Bless you both!” - Burnet, TX
- “We had such a wonderful family vacation and your home was so perfect for our stay. We had plenty of room to spread out. We saw the mule deer, turkeys, hummingbirds, and a snake when we walked up the hill. We enjoyed the town, and just relaxing at the house. The décor of the house is perfect for a mountain cabin. We also enjoyed the seclusion and every window had a pretty view. Thank you so much for offering your home!” - Texas, Florida, & Nebraska
- “Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home. We once again had a great time. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The spacious rooms, stocked kitchen and wildlife. We look forward to many more visits!” - Plano, TX
- “We had a lovely time in your beautiful home. We saw deer and several wild turkeys, and heard coyotes howling in the night. Wonderful weather.” - Lubbock, TX
- “What a pleasant stay we had! You have such a beautiful home. We so enjoyed the many details provided for the comfort of your guests. We certainly saw a wide assortment of wildlife – many deer, several foxes, blue jays, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and even a bear!” - Midland & Lubbock, TX
- “Monday is our 7th wedding anniversary. It couldn’t have been a better way to spend our time. The house is just wonderful. I am in love with everything about it. We were so happy to be able to get it at such short notice. Thank you have having us as your guests. We truly hope to be able to come again and again. After the stroke in February things have been rough. This is just what we needed.” - Lubbock, TX
- “We had a wonderful time in your wonderful home! The views are just spectacular. We look forward to our next visit.” – Midland, TX & Lubbock, TX
- “Back again and everything was wonderful! We love this home and look forward to our yearly trips here to stay in your beautiful home. We can’t wait until next time! Thank you!” - El Paso, TX
- “Loved, loved, loved our peaceful stay! A wonderful, well-equipped quiet home. Thank you for allowing us to stay. We look forward to our visits!” - El Paso, TX
Breathtaking scenery!! Very well built home. Made a lot of family memories.
5/5, Stayed Dec 2016
I was very impressed with the home. My family did not want to leave. Made memories and will definitely rent here again!! Saw a lot of wildlife. Enjoyed watching Monday night football from the balcony while making BBQ burgers. Family enjoyed staying together at the home. Very pleased!! Relatives came by to visit and were very impressed as well.
Published Jan 1, 2017
Excellent overall, great cabino
5/5, Stayed Dec 2016
Would rent again
Published Jan 1, 2017
5/5, Stayed Dec 2016
Beautiful cabin!! The views were awesome and the cabin was spacious but cozy. My husband and I loved it as did our 3 daughters ages 3, 13, and 17. We will definitely be returning as it was the perfect place for a vacation in the mountains!!
Published Dec 28, 2016
Amazing retreat for mind and body!
5/5, Stayed Nov 2016
I am so happy that we found this secluded retreat. As overwhelmed professionals with teenagers, is it difficult to find peace and hard to schedule time together as a family. We are so fortunate to have found this gem in the mountains. We spent the week of Thanksgiving together and enjoyed the amazing views of the mountains and hiking directly behind the cabin. We also got to see elk and wild turkeys right out the back door. The best part of it all was the peaceful family time we shared. We made puzzles and played board games (stored in one of the closets) and had the best time we've had together in a long time. What an amazing place to relax and unwind. Highly recommended!
Published Mar 23, 2017
Friends who become family!!
5/5, Stayed Nov 2016
Awesome weekend, place is just right to sit around and talk, catch up on old times. Enough room to spread and talk spacious .
Published Nov 23, 2016
5/5, Stayed Nov 2016
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Twin Mountain Cabin. Lots of wildlife and spectacular mountain views. Great place for a family retreat with spacious kitchen and living areas. Everything we needed was there. Looking forward for a return visit!
Published Nov 16, 2016
Memorable sister's getaway!!
5/5, Stayed Nov 2016
Berty H. M.
After years of attempting to plan a weekend getaway with my 5 sisters, it finally happened. We rented the Twin Mountain Cabin. It was beyond our expectations! We saw many deer and wild turkeys. It's equipped with handicap rails/ restroom, which came in handy. It's seclude but yet close to all the shops and resturants. My sisters and I are already planning another getaway!! Thank you Joe and Judy for blessing my sisters and I.
Published Nov 7, 2016
Awesome girls getaway!
5/5, Stayed Oct 2016
Michele O., Carrollton
Love love loved our 3 day stay at the Twin Mountain Cabin! Five of us over-50 gals stayed here for a girls reunion getaway. The cabin was very roomy and open and had everything we needed and then some. The beds and sheets were soooo comfortable. We enjoyed feeding the wild turkeys, deer, and birds off the deck. The views of the mountains and sunrises were absolutely awesome! Would definitely love to come back for our next reunion.
Published Nov 1, 2016
5/5, Stayed Oct 2016
Our stay at this cabin was wonderful. It was everything we could ask for. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed, the beds were comfy, the view was awesome, and the secluded location was so peaceful. The owner was so nice and caring. We highly recommend this cabin for a group get away. Lots of room and bedrooms and baths are very nicely located to accommodate 8 people.
Published Oct 26, 2016
Don & Carol Heine
5/5, Stayed Sep 2016
We had group of 6 long time friends and the home was everything we expected and more. We enjoyed location of the home and the wildlife. We will certainly recommend this home and will stay here in the future. One of Ruidoso's finest location!!
Published Sep 30, 2016
5/5, Stayed Sep 2016
We had a fantastic time. The view was awesome and the deer were a plus! It exceed our expectations and we look forward to the next time. Thank you so much for making it so special.
Published Sep 28, 2016
Second Stay = Great Time
5/5, Stayed Sep 2016
This was our second stay at Twin Mountain and we had a great time this year too. There were 7 adults in our group and the house was perfect. This year we used it as a base for trips to Cloudcroft, White Sands, Lincoln and of course the shops, golf course and a hiking trail in Ruidoso as well as a hike behind the house. This year we were there during the Golden Aspen motorcycle rally and other than a few shops that we wanted to visit being closed, we were not inconvenienced at all. We love watching the deer and the hummingbirds and this year we were visited by a gopher too. We would definitely recommend staying at Twin Mountain.
Published Sep 20, 2016
5/5, Stayed Sep 2016
Our stay was enjoyed by all. The home owner was accommodating, making sure we where all comfortable. Thank you
Published Sep 13, 2016
Stayed several times , better each time.
5/5, Stayed Aug 2016
We have stayed here several years in a row for Labor Day wekend and just love it. The views are amazing and the oversized kitchen is perfect for our oversized crowd.
Published Sep 7, 2016
Perfect peaceful family retreat!
5/5, Stayed Aug 2016
The house exceeded all of our expectations! The kitchen was huge and fully equipped. The bedrooms and living areas are all large and very comfortable; everything was spotless and well maintained. Plenty of room for 8! Beautiful views of the forest and mountains can be seen from just about every window in the house. We saw turkey, deer, and hummingbirds off the back deck and beautiful sunrises off the side deck and front porch. Blow dryers are provided in each bathroom, one closet is full of games, and another has books. We had no trouble with internet, and a printer & paper are there if you need it. The owner contacted us the night we arrived to make sure everything was satisfactory. The house is at about the highest point in the neighborhood, and the roads are pretty steep. We found that driving straight up Alhambra (rather than turning left onto Bonneville) was easier, and then we backed into the driveway. We made it fine without 4WD, although I would imagine in snow or ice, you would definitely need it. We highly recommend this quiet and secluded retreat! Our favorite restaurants were Tina's café for breakfast or lunch, Village Buttery for soup and sandwich, and Rio Grande Tap Room--wonderful food and beer selections! Golfing at The Links and also at The Lodge in Cloudcroft were both challenging & fun.
Published Aug 31, 2016
INCREDIBLE HOME THAT TOTALLY EXCEEDED OUR VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS.
5/5, Stayed Aug 2016
Becki R., Fort Scott, Kansas
We have stayed in Ruidoso for many years in the past at another home. Although it was nice, you could tell it got very little attention from the owners. This home was fantastic. Besides the fact it had more amenities than were advertised (such as crockpots, blenders, more kitchen gadgets than I have at home, TV's in every bedroom including a big screen in the living room) the house itself was spotless. Although the pictures on the website are very good, they do not really do the house justice. The view of Sierra Blanca is absolutely incredible and the wild life such as deer and turkey are in the area in abundance.
Joe (the owner) called us the very first night we got in to be sure everything was OK and to see if there was anything we needed. He also called the last night of our stay to make sure everything had gone OK.
There were 3 couples in our group. 2 of the couples had been coming to Ruidoso for many years and for the 3rd, it was the first time. We unanimously agreed that this is our "Go To" place in Ruidoso for the future.
Thank you so much Joe for sharing your home with us
Kent and Becki Roberts
Fort Scott, KS
Published Aug 23, 2016
5/5, Stayed Jul 2016
This beautiful house feels very secluded, quiet, etc. But it's only minutes from Main stree shopping. We will stay again!!!! The home owner is very easy to work with, if felt like staying with friends not in a rental! Large spacious kitchen as well as living area.
Published Aug 3, 2016
Top of Mountain
5/5, Stayed Jul 2016
Nelda C., Keller, Texas
We enjoyed staying the this house. With top of mountain views, wildlife and cool mornings. Everything worked as described. It was very clean & roomy. We had six adults and no one got in the way of the other. Could use a black-out curtain in office off master. East sun is murder & comes up just after 6:00a. We would recommend this house for anyone looking for a larger house. Will definitely stay here again. Nelda & Bob Cruson Keller, TX
Published Jul 27, 2016
We will be up there for several weeks in October and will install a blackout curtain in the office bay window. Thanks for the nice review.
Joe and Judy
5/5, Stayed Jul 2016
There were 5 ladies - 65+ years old - that have been friends over 60 years sharing this cabin. It was wonderful for being together sharing stories and laughter and yet plenty of room for individual down time. The cabin was fairly close to town -- shopping, restaurants, etc. Everything was as promised - clean and well-maintained. Loved sitting on the balcony in the mornings drinking coffee and having deer and wild turkey visit! Even though not necessary --we knew that the owner was available if any problems arose. Would definitely recommend this cabin - and would stay there again!
Published Jul 18, 2016
5/5, Stayed Jun 2016
Our family loved the Twin Mountain Cabin. Lovely house, very spacious, and well arranged for 8 people. Love the deck across back of house. Saw wild turkeys, deer, and the ever entertaining hummingbirds! Beautiful views! House nicely furnished and equipped. A wonderful place for our family to spend time together resting and relaxing. Great trip! The Hallmans
Published Jul 5, 2016
Beautiful Mountain Retreat
5/5, Stayed Jun 2016
Midwest, Minneapolis, MN/United States
What a fantastic experience. The Twin Mountain Cabin is ideally situated toward the top of a mountain with wonderful views of the mountain range and wildlife. This was a family gathering and the house couldn't have worked out any better. The family decided to host a cook off competition with each family member responsible for one meal during the trip. The kitchen was fully equipped with more than we had anticipated. It was wonderful to have so much space to prepare meals, have blenders, pots, pans, utensils and more. Even better was having access to a grill on the most used part of the house, the deck. The bedrooms all worked out for everyone and we had an amazing time. Fantastic weather, a lot of natural beauty, lots of dear and turkeys. For a perfectly equipped home, in a secluded setting, with great views, this was ideal for our family.
The location was great as well for a intense run into town. The way in to town was great as it is all down hill. The final 3/4 mile back to the house is a little tough with over 400 foot incline to reach the home, but a great experience. Around 2 miles from town, the location is excellent. We were able to be in to restaurants, shopping, recreation and more within 15 minutes. This is also a great point to head over to all the other attractions such as White Sands.
Our hosts kept in contact with us before and during our stay promptly answering any questions we may have had. If Ruidoso wasn't so challenging to get to from the Midwest and East coast we would be back annually. When we do return, we look forward to returning to this beautiful location in New Mexico.
Thank you for providing a great home for our family get together!
Published Jul 2, 2016
5/5, Stayed Jun 2016
SW Birder, El Paso, TX
We love staying here! The location is quiet and secluded. It backs up to mountains and forest, so there are lots of birds and deer. This time we saw Western Bluebirds, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Acorn Woodpeckers, Nuthatches, Mountain Chickadees, and Wild Turkeys, and of course, lots of Broadtailed and Rufous Hummingbirds all from the shaded deck. The home is spacious and comfortable, with a gorgeous view of the mountains. The owners are very hospitable and accomodating to facilitate your reservation!
Published Jun 18, 2016
5/5, Stayed Jun 2016
Judy G., Comanche, TX
This is my 4th time staying at this cabin. I love how it sits atop the mountain and you can watch the deer, elk and turkey. The owners are very easy to work with. I can't wait for our next trip!
Published Jun 8, 2016
5/5, Stayed May 2016
WE LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, LOTS OF ROOM, GREAT PEOPLE TO RENT FROM, WILL BE RENTING IT NEXT YEAR,
Published Jun 5, 2016
Beautiful home with Amazing Views!
5/5, Stayed Apr 2016
Kili B., lubbock
Beautiful home in upper, upper canyon! Amazing views of the mountains...especially Sierra Blanca. We had beautiful weekend with perfect weather. Couldn't ask for a better weekend!
Published Apr 13, 2016
Twin Mountain cabin
5/5, Stayed Mar 2016
Totally beautiful, the cabin just to make you feel like home. Waking up in the mornings with the deers around and the gorgeous view of the mountains. Excellent time to enjoy with family. At the outdoors you can take a trip to the mountains and enjoy the clean air. Cabin as I mentioned was beatiful with the large kitchen and the view of the mountains. Great for timeout of work and the hassle of the city.. Thank you!! I already recommended to some of the family and friends back in El paso and Juarez Mexico.
Published Apr 1, 2016
5/5, Stayed Feb 2016
This property was awesome for our family. We will definitely rent this property again in the future. Cabin is spacious with great views, very clean and well maintain.
Published Mar 2, 2016
5/5, Stayed Feb 2016
Girls get away and it was wonderful! The owners were easy to work with and very accommodating. The house had everything you could imagine. Best of all...the house was spotless. We hope to return! Thank you for letting us use your wonderful vacation home.
Published Mar 1, 2016
A Home Away From Home
5/5, Stayed Jan 2016
The owners of Twin Mountain Cabin have spared no detail to make us feel as if we are in our own home. It is spacious and comfortably decorated with all of the comforts of home. If we had any needs while there, the owners were easy to contact and promptly responded to our needs. We could not have been better taken care of. While there is nothing you won't like at Twin Mountain Cabin, the view of Sierra Blanca may be the most spectacular feature. The privacy of the location is also great. My wife and I visit the cabin several times a year for a relaxing get-away. We love it!
Published Feb 6, 2016
Spacious, Private, and Incredible Views
5/5, Stayed Jan 2016
Twin Mountain Cabin was perfect for our family of 6. The kitchen is large and well-equipped, and the parking space in the garage is a bonus. The house was clean and well-maintained. You won't want to leave the views. Beautiful snowy mountains. The kids loved playing in the snow and building snow people, and they went sledding down the hill. Joe texted us throughout our stay; it was nice to have that extra touch. The only thing that could make Twin Mountain Cabin any better would be to add a hot tub! Tip: If Joe says you may need tire chains, YOU NEED THEM!
Published Jan 21, 2016
- “5 quilters, 4 sewing machines, 3 days, 2 bunch of wild turkey and deer, 1 Fantastic time! We’ll be back” - Albuquerque, Amarillo, & Las Cruces
- “Thank you so much for the gracious stay. Truly a beautiful place in this comfy home. Thanks for the great vacation; best fun I ever had! Thank you once again for the amazing cabin and all of your hospitality. We had a wonderful weekend. We’ll be back next year!” - El Paso, TX
- “Thank you for providing us with such a magnificent cabin. Our family was very pleased with the amenities provided. We hope to return in the near future. The deer and wildlife were wonderful and the kids really enjoyed them. Keep up the good work. You are really [couldn't read] excellence in cabin/home rentals.” - El Paso, TX
- “It’s lovely here. Thank you so much, Joe and Judy, for your hospitality, and sharing this little piece of heaven with us. Thank you for being so flexible with our weather issues and flying home. We so appreciate it, and cannot wait to come back this summer.” - Frisco, TX
- “Best time ever! Perfect and lovely home for a family get-together! Peaceful, beautiful, comfortable, relaxing and absolutely delightful – thank you for sharing your lovely home! We had everything we could or would need and more! Best memory making vacation for us all.” - NY, MN, & Austin, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful house with us. It is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy time with our family. We enjoyed seeing turkey, deer, and of course the ever entertaining hummingbirds! Truly a wonderful place for our family vacation!” - Cleburne, TX
- “Wow! We had a wonderful time in your cabin. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful place with us! We had 6 adults and had more than enough room. Everything was perfect!” - Keller, TX
- “Love your cabin – had a wonderful time” - Richardson, TX
- “The cabin was fabulous. So many extras in the way of kitchen gadgets, etc. The view was amazing. Hope to return many times. Having stayed in the area many years prior, we were thrilled how clean everything was. Thanks for sharing your home with us.” - Fort Scott, KS & Plano, TX
- “Enjoyed completely, very nice – all our needs were taken care of and then some.” - Quilters from Midland & Winters, TX
- “We had a great time again this year! The house is perfect and had everything we needed. We love to watch the deer and hummingbirds and this year enjoyed watching a gopher too!” - Fort Smith, AR
- We thank you for the use of your lovely home! Best time ever! Longtime friends getting together and the accommodations made the visit so special. Hope to repeat the visit again.” - Ennis & Ft. Clark Springs, TX
- “We had such a wonderful time. The cabin was great and so was the weather. Couldn’t have asked for a more perfect weekend!!! ” - Levelland, Lubbock, & Odessa, TX
- “Wonderful time, beautiful house. Everything was just perfect. Great friends, good times.” - El Paso & Dallas, TX; Albuquerque, NM
- “Thank you so much! Your place is so beautiful. We had so much fun. Made very joyful memories here. Hope to be able to come back some day with my children. Was here with my five sisters, such a blessing. God is Good. God Bless you and your beautiful place.” - El Paso, TX
- “Thank you very much! We had a sisters’ mini vacation and we picked the perfect place. What a pleasant surprise. When we got here, this place was very clean and decorated beautifully. We had a great time here and want to come back. God bless you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.” - Midland, TX
- “Thank you so much for thinking of having so many things that are needed and for the beautiful, homey place that you all arranged. My sisters and I enjoyed every bit of your place. We will be back. A memory to remember.” - Midland, TX
- “Thank you for your servants’ hearts for blessing others (me) with this beautiful home. My sisters and I enjoyed every minute here. The scenery, deer, and wild turkey were the tip of the iceberg. May our sweet Lord continue blessing you both. Hope to come back soon.”
- “We so enjoyed your beautiful (cabin) home!! It had everything we needed and more. We all enjoyed feeding corn to the deer!! Your home spoiled us. Love the views. Hope to be back again with more family and during holidays. We finally figured out how to get up the big hill. Hubby would get a running start by pushing hard on the gas pedal. LOL!! Thanks you for making us relax and enjoy all the comforts at home.” - Arlington, TX
- “Thank you, Wonderful place, a great time with friends.”
- “Your home was the perfect Thanksgiving getaway. Wonderful and well-equipped kitchen for cooking! We enjoyed seeing blue jays, elk, and wild turkey right out the back door. We plan to return.” - El Paso, TX
- “Thanks for everything, your cabin is amazing. You guys made our stay wonderful.” - El Paso, TX
- “I love that there is a Christmas tree here!! Kelsi, age 13; This is the best hotel house ever – Jaidynn, age 3; I love all the animals in the backyard!! Kelsi ,age 13; I loved the view! Hailegh, age 17. Thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your beautiful cabin. We loved every minute of it. We definitely plan to return in the future.” - Baytown, TX
- “Thank you very much for allowing us to stay in your beautiful cabin. It is a beautiful home and very, very clean and spacious. We made some wonderful memories with our family and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.”
- “Beautiful view in the morning was great. The deer, turkeys and wild life were great to see every morning.”
- “We truly do appreciate your hospitality. From the very beginning to the end your attention to our family was first class.” - Mission, TX
Great house and owners
5/5, Stayed Dec 2015
The house was exceptionally clean and a great layout for a family stay. The open design of the kitchen and living area made our family trip very close to what everyone was doing and set up well for hosting guests for year-end football bowl games. We were caught in a record snow storm for Ruidoso and surrounding area and the owners and Jackie the caretaker made us as comfortable as possible in dealing with the large snowfall we experienced. Their concerns for our well fare was very much appreciated while dealing with extremely difficult weather conditions. They were very helpful. We give all aspects of our stay the highest possible ratings - facilities and hosts. They were a real pleasure to work with. We will try to stay in their house every trip we make to Ruidoso.
Published Jan 7, 2016
awesome!!! We loved it!!!!
5/5, Stayed Dec 2015
This is the 3rd. time we visit this place, and it has always been as expected.
Published Dec 18, 2015
Best VRBO home I have stayed in.
5/5, Stayed Nov 2015
Sara H., Austin
Our Thanksgiving holiday at Twin Mountain was relaxing and peaceful. Close to town but away from all the tourist. Beautiful views of the mountains, hiking, and plenty of wildlife to observe. Large kitchen and bedrooms. Perfect for a family of 7. Joe checked in with us before arriving and during our stay to make sure everything was okay. The house was very clean, warm and inviting. I highly reccomend this home and can't wait to return.
Published Dec 2, 2015
5/5, Stayed Nov 2015
Fantastic home! We had a wonderful family weekend and hope to have many more here.
Published Nov 19, 2015
5/5, Stayed Nov 2015
Our family time at Twin Mountain was fabulous! We took family photos out back with the beautiful scenery. The owners have been great to check on us and make sure everything was what we wanted or needed. Highly recommend this home.
Published Nov 14, 2015
5/5, Stayed Sep 2015
Beautiful house and area. Nice and roomy inside for 8 people. Enjoyed the deck and the views outside. Saw numerous deer and turkeys. The hummingbirds are very entertaining at the feeders with their aerobatics and constant bickering with each other. They'll hover a foot away from you then go about their business. My wife loved the huge kitchen. Even with 8 adults, we never felt crowded. it was a little tricky riding the last two blocks to the house on motorcycles, but is still doable. Only regret is we couldn't stay longer, two nights wasn't enough. The owner was great to deal with and communicated well. Our damage deposit was refunded the same day. I would highly recommend this house to anyone who will listen and would stay here again in an instant.
Published Sep 30, 2015
Perfect for a group of friends
5/5, Stayed Sep 2015
Lovely home, nicely furnished and well kept. Plenty of room - with 8 people we never felt crowded. The only negative was that the road was a bit difficult to navigate on motorcycles, but it was still doable. Nicest place we have stayed in Ruidoso, and we go every year. Owners considerate and easy to communicate with. Damage deposit was refunded the same day we left. Will definitely stay there again.
Published Sep 23, 2015
5/5, Stayed Sep 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Twin Mountain. The floor plan is great for multiple families, there were 6 adults in our group and we never felt crowded. This is the 4th house that I have rented through vrbo.com/homeaway.com (SC, SD and TX) and this home was by far the best stocked. Joe and Judy clearly put a lot of thought into what their guests would need during their stay. Joe was great to check in with us several times during our stay to make sure we were doing okay and to ask if we needed anything. We enjoyed watching the deer that visited each morning and evening (see the attached picture). The house is extremely clean and we will definitely try to stay here again when we visit Ruidoso.
Published Sep 16, 2015
5/5, Stayed Sep 2015
Brandon, lubbock texas
amazing views,beautiful home, will be our first option next time we come back to Ruidoso
Published Sep 10, 2015
Felt right at home
5/5, Stayed Aug 2015
My sisters and our husbands brought our mom here for her 90 the birthday !! It was so comfortable, homey, and well appointed. We ate all our meals out on the deck while watching the deer, turkey and variety of birds. Especially loved the hummers. Wonderful memories made.
Published Aug 23, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jul 2015
SW Birder, El Paso, TX
This is a wonderful place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing, peaceful getaway. If you are a bird-watcher, it is an excellent choice, as you will see many different species of birds, especially if you provide seeds and peanuts, which they love! The house is open, spacious, and comfortable, with a beautiful view of the mountains and surrounded by forest, making it seem secluded and quiet. We will want to return as often as we can!
Published Aug 3, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jul 2015
We stayed for six days and really enjoyed the accommodations. This is a fantastic house and the owners checked with us a couple of times to make sure everything was ok. Wished we could have stayed longer. We will definitely return to this place. Fantastic house and excellent location.
Published Jul 30, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jul 2015
Had a great time. Fed the deer and turkeys. Grilled out and hung out on the patio. Kids a great time exploring and hiking in the area. House was in great shape and had an awesome week.
Published Jul 27, 2015
Great time again
5/5, Stayed Jun 2015
My family and I have stayed at this property 5 times and it has always been greatly enjoyable. We have seen all kinds of wildlife from the elevated back porch area including bear cubs, deer, elk, wild turkeys, horned toads, lizards, a fox, and my favorite the hummingbirds. The property is well maintained and there is plenty of room for families. Although you can go hiking right out the back into the Lincoln National Forest, it is not far at all from marked trails. Stress just disappears when we stay there. I highly recommend this property to anyone.
Had a problem with the main TV while we were there and when I called the property manager he promptly came and installed a new, larger TV. That being said we didn't spend much time watching the TV as the back porch provided much better entertainment.
Published Jul 19, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jun 2015
Can't say enough good things about the cabin!! Thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. Beautiful home and views. Wildlife galore. Comfortable beds. Everything you need for a stress free getaway. Will definitely be back for our next family vacation.
Published Jun 14, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jun 2015
Judy G., Comanche, TX
This is our third year in a row to stay here when we visit Ruidoso. It's wondeful. Sitting almost on top of the mountain you get to experience deer and turkey. This year we even saw two bull elk. Peace, quiet and relaxing all while still being close to town. Can't wait until next year.
Published Jun 11, 2015
5/5, Stayed May 2015
Dorothy H., Texas
We had a great Girls Weekend. Our goal was to do a lot of porch sitting and staring at the view. The porch was very roomy. The hummingbirds were delightful to watch as were the Acorn Woodpeckers.
This home was perfect for our needs. Very spacious and extremely well-appointed. Everything we needed was provided. Any issues we had were promptly attended to by Joe.
We are already planning next years Girls Weekend and plan to come back to this house.
Great home and terrific owners!!
Published Jun 8, 2015
5/5, Stayed Mar 2015
Tim, College Station, Texas 77845
What a wonderful time we had!! The cabin was wonderful!! Very spacious, very clean and wow, what a view! I would recommend this facility to anyone. Plenty of room for grand children to play and to enjoy themselves. In addition, we all enjoyed seeing the deer from the balcony and utilizing the walking trail. Thank you so much for the wonderful facilities!!
Published Mar 28, 2015
Awesome family vacation
5/5, Stayed Mar 2015
rick d., fort worth
Great house, great view. Close to town. Kids and adults had a great time. Can't wait to go back.
Published May 8, 2015
5/5, Stayed Feb 2015
We had a great time at this beautiful cabin. We were able to go on a long hike right from the doorstep! Plenty of room and very well kept! Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Published Feb 24, 2015
Snowed in skiers
5/5, Stayed Jan 2015
Darlene R., Midland, TX
We arrived in the middle of a massive snow storm and despite a few hiccups due to the weather, had a marvelous time. Joe was so kind to check on us and make sure our arrival was safe. The cabin was gorgeous and the view was breath taking!! I would highly recommend this property to everyone, especially families as my 2 grandchildren had a blast!
Published Jan 29, 2015
5/5, Stayed Jan 2015
TXFAM, Clifton, TX
We met our grown children for a vacation and loved staying at the property. It was perfect, well maintained and a beautiful view of the mountains. Feeding the wildlife from the balcony was a highlight! Will be back next year.
Published Jan 20, 2015
- “Thank you!! We enjoyed our stay and hope to be back next year.” - Morgan, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us! We love the house and enjoyed every moment here. Our kids loved to be able to see deer around. We hope to be back next year! The views are breath taking! Once again, thank you so much!” - San Antonio, TX
- “Thank you so much for making your home available to so many. We loved our stay and have so many happy memories. Your home is beautiful and the view is breath taking! We had a few hiccups on the way but all in all had a wonderful vacation. We saw several deer and they were beautiful. We saw a buck from a distance and an elk from an even further distance. Thanks again and we hope to come again next year!” - Midland, TX
- “Thank you so very much for allowing us to spend the weekend at your home. It is so beautiful. We had a great time. The view is breath taking. We were happily greeted by four deer when we arrived. It was great! Thank you for all the little details; they made the stay even more comfortable. God bless you all.” - Palmview, TX
- “Thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your home. It is a beautiful home with everything you need! We saw several deer and turkey. We all had a wonderful time and would love to come back in the summer!” - Lubbock, TX
- “We loved it. It was just perfect!” - Ft. Worth, TX
- “Priceless memories, good times, great place! Can’t wait to visit again.” - Lubbock, TX
- “Thank you so very much for providing such a wonderful place for our family to stay. It has been very memorable with nice accommodations, scenic beauty, and plentiful wildlife (at least 25 deer daily!!). We will be making more visits in the future.” - College Station, TX & Lubbock, TX
- “What more can we say but absolutely wonderful. The house, the view, and most of all your generosity. Our family completely enjoyed the week, and can’t wait to come back. We had to feed another 50 pounds of corn before we left. The deer and turkey will ruin us!” - Greenbrier, AR
- “Thank you very much for your wonderful cabin. It is a great place. We really enjoy to be here. The view is great. We will be back in a near future. We love the deer and turkeys.” - El Paso, TX
- “We want to thank you for opening up your home to us. We enjoyed it very much as this has been a very nice and relaxing weekend. Your place is very quiet and private.” - Graham, TX
- “What a great cabin! We have had a great time and look forward to our next trip here! Everything was amazing!” - LaVernia, TX
- “We had a great time. Your cabin is beautiful and in GREAT working condition, we loved it! Amazing views, saw deer and wild turkeys and of course humming birds. Best Cabin in New Mexico!” - Odessa, TX
- “What a fantastic place you have here! Three generations of our family really enjoyed our time at the top of the mountain. We saw deer, bear, and wild turkey. We have had such a nice time. Thanks for having such a great kitchen and dining area. All 8 of us had plenty of space.” - Farmington, NM
- “Thank you so much for blessing us with a much needed rest in your beautiful cabin!” - Houston, TX
- “We had such a wonderful time in your wonderful home. There was more than enough room for all 8 of us! Our young children loved watching the turkey and deer. We had a blast at Fun Tracker and enjoyed being so close to town but still having privacy and peace. Thank you!” - Lubbock, TX
- “You have the perfect place for a week of fun and relaxation. There were 3 couples of us and the layout of your house could not have been any better. The back porch was to die for… hummers, turkey, deer and birds were so entertaining. We want to make this an annual event.” - Breckenridge, TX
- “What a great mountain home you have made available for a relaxing visit to the New Mexico mountains. We are avid bird watchers, and this has been the best location by far of anyplace we have stayed in Ruidoso. We have found your home to be the most comfortable and enjoyable place we have ever stayed in here. Thanks for making your home so welcoming, and we hope to return as often as possible! We have only one suggestion – that a hand rail be added along the wall at the landing where the stairs turn to assist seniors in safely navigating up the stairway.” - El Paso, TX
- “We very much enjoyed having three generations of our family together in your beautiful home. It is a perfect place for a family to be together and relax and have fun. We really appreciated the way the house is well designed to accommodate both young children and older adults. The children especially enjoyed the hummingbirds, turkey and deer. It was truly a blessing to be here. Thank you for sharing this lovely place.” - Austin, TX
- “We brought our mom up here for her 90th birthday. We had a great family time. The house was beautiful, comfortable and well appointed. The weather was wonderful especially coming from 105 degree heat. Rain one afternoon made it cozy. Thank you for helping us make special memories.” - Comfort and Buda, TX
- “We thank Joe and Judy for once again opening their wonderful home to us. It was an outstanding stay – one we look forward to yearly. Had a relaxing time and some excitement too; one afternoon / evening of the Perk forest fire. Lots of deer, turkeys and a few large blue jays. We’ll be back again next year.” - Spring, TX
- “Thank you so much for opening your home to us this week. There were three adult couples and we had plenty of room. It is clear that you guys gave a lot of thought to what renters would need during their stay. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrises each morning and the deer that visited each morning and evening. Again, thank you for letting us enjoy your home and Jackie does a great job keeping it clean.” - Fort Smith, AR
- “Thanks for a great stay. The house is awesome, well set up for your visitors. Loved the views and all the wildlife. Spent most of our time on the deck taking it all in. Wish we had a few more days but the show must move on. Would do it all again in a heartbeat and will recommend the house to any and all. Thanks again for a great stay and rest.” - Chicago, Joliet, & Shabbonna, IL and South Ogden, UT
- “My family surprised me (totally) with a long weekend at your lovely home–away-from-home, for my 70th birthday! What a treasured time in a most beautiful place!!! Your place is just absolutely perfect for families accommodating in every way… What a fortunate find for us. With the many memories here this weekend, we will treasure this site forever.” - Lubbock, TX
- “We came here for our families' Thanksgiving Holiday! What a Great place for all of us to be able to get together! The kitchen was amazing!! We were able to fix a huge Thanksgiving dinner with all of us cooking and baking in your kitchen without even getting in anybody’s way. We enjoyed waking up in the morning to the beautiful sunrises glistening off of the tops of the mountains that had snow on them. As well as observing all of the wonderful wildlife – deer, turkey, elk, and all of the various types of birds. The views from the house were breath taking. Your house was so accommodating and comfortable – that when it was time to leave – nobody wanted to leave. We would recommend your home to anybody and our family is looking forward to coming back again. Please don’t change anything!” - Georgetown & Austin, TX
- “This is our third consecutive year coming and staying in your cabin. We continue to come back because your cabin is beautiful, spacious and very comfortable. Thank you for opening your doors and providing so many amenities. See you next winter!” - El Paso, TX
- “We had a wonderful week at your cabin! It was perfect size for all of our family. We had a very peaceful week enjoying the scenery.” - Brady, Prosper, & Irving, TX
- “This was our first time staying in the cabin and we absolutely loved every minute. We were all able to come together in one place to share Christmas and what a blessing that was. The view was spectacular from every angle! The cabin had everything we could ask for and much, much more! The kids loved hiking, seeing all the animals outside (deer, elk, turkeys), and playing in the snow – all from the back door. Thank you for providing the perfect backdrop to our Christmas. Hope to make it back soon.” - Orange & Corpus Christi, TX
5/5, Stayed Dec 2014
Louis Yesi R.
We enjoyed our time we spent in the cabin. It's very beautiful and peaceful. Most important very clean!! I recommend it to everyone who likes to spend some time outdoors. The scenery is breathtaking! We been staying at this cabin for 4 years already and we have enjoyed it! Can't wait for us to go back for another vacation!
Published Jan 2, 2015
5/5, Stayed Dec 2014
The cabin was beautiful it was very clean and everything was perfect we will definitely be back. It's a great place to take your family and know you will be safe and have a wonderful time. There is lots of wildlife we even got to feed them out of our hands if you're gentle enough.
Published Dec 28, 2014
5/5, Stayed Dec 2014
This cabin has all the amenities one can ask for and more! The owners provide such comforts like WiFi, family games, cable, free long distance, tvs in every room! The cabin is very spacious, clean and comfortable. My family and I have stayed here 2 years in a row and we definitely plan on coming back.
Published Dec 24, 2014
5/5, Stayed Nov 2014
Love everything about your cabin, it is so roomy. Love the open area. Everyone can still have their own space. I think this is our 3rd year stay here in your home. The view is awesome, could see the snow on the mountain from back deck.
Published Nov 15, 2014
5/5, Stayed Oct 2014
Frances S., New Mexico
The home was well furnished, plenty of room in gathering areas. My concern was the stairs, I thought the Internet said no stairs inside. There is one set coming up from the garage, it does have a secure baby gate. It was actually not a problem for us at all. (11 month old and 3 year old). The deer came to feed out back and in front several days. It was an awesome family reunion getaway.
Published Oct 15, 2014
5/5, Stayed Sep 2014
Louis N., Odessa, Texas
This cabin was more than I expected. The location was a little tricky to get to but aside from that, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely rent this cabin again. We recommend this cabin to someone looking for something quite and enjoyable.
Published Oct 3, 2014
Loved the cabin
5/5, Stayed Sep 2014
We have stayed in this cabin four times and each time has been great. The cabin is easy to get to and has always been clean and comfortable. Dear and turkeys are off the balcony. The owners are very courteous and timely in all communications.
Published Sep 12, 2014
5/5, Stayed Aug 2014
EXTREMELY nice cabin, a lot of room so you are not on top of one another, quiet area, and lots of wildlife that are VERY human friendly. The owners could not have been any nicer, more helpful, or more accommodating. We will be trying to stay here every time from now on! Thank you for such an amazing weekend full of happy memories.
Published Sep 6, 2014
home away from home
5/5, Stayed Jun 2014
We have stayed here several times now, and always injoy it, the house is clean and very well maintained!
Published Jun 22, 2014
5/5, Stayed Jun 2014
Judy G., Comanche, TX
This was our second time to stay at the cabin. It is perfect for families and watching wildlife. Everything was top notch.
Published Jun 11, 2014
Twin Mountain Cabins
5/5, Stayed Apr 2014
Max, Crowell, Texas
We chose this Upper Canyon Twin Mountain rental for our family reunion. It was perfect, 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, laundry room, large open kitchen, dining, and family room! It was perfect for 4 couples & there was a baby bed, playpen, high chair, & a gate, absolutely perfect for our family! There is a large deck on the back of the house, where we spent lots of time, watching the birds , & feeding the mule deer. We counted 31, that came @ one time. They actually ate corn out of our hands! The house had everything we needed! All we supplied was our good. The house was spotless, everything worked , awesome view. The owner checked on us, to make sure everything was working properly. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone needing rental property in Ruidoso. The price is very reasonable & the property owners were very nice & accommodating!!!
M H family, Texas
Published Apr 28, 2014
CABIN WITH MILLION DOLLAR VIEWS
5/5, Stayed Apr 2014
This is the second stay for my wife and I at this cabin, but we hope just one of many to come! The cabin is very roomy and comfortable. The views from the cabin are spectacular! We could see Sierra Blanca peak from every room facing the back of the cabin. I am almost afraid to say too much good about this cabin because we want to keep it all to ourselves!
Published Apr 12, 2014
5/5, Stayed Feb 2014
This cabin was perfect for us. We shared the cabin with 3 families, all of which had young children. It was beautifully maintained and suited our needs perfectly. Beware of winter weather though. It would be difficult to get the cabin in snow and ice without chains for your tires.
Published Mar 13, 2014
The perfect vacation home!
5/5, Stayed Jan 2014
My wife and I absolutely loved this cabin! The garage was great because it was snowy and cold when we arrived, but take caution that a tall SUV may not fit (our small car did). The cabin was very spacious and tastefully decorated. We felt immediately at home! The privacy was nice with only one close neighbor. The views were spectacular! We will return at every opportunity we get.
Published Feb 5, 2014
5/5, Stayed Dec 2013
Our stay at this cabin was great. We stayed a total of five nights and every day was awesome. I recommend this place for anyone who wants the space and peace and quiet. Our family really enjoyed the stay.
Published Jan 1, 2014
- “We want to thank you for renting your beautiful cabin home to us. We loved it. We had a minor problem with the water when we arrived but it was quickly taken care of. The house was very spacious and everything was clean. We fell in love with Ruidoso and will definitely be back. The back view porch was incredible. Wish we could stay here days, but unfortunately, we have to go back to work.” - Pharr, TX & Mission, TX
- “Thanks for all your help! It was a hard time to find the house but it is very beautiful. Again, thanks for your help.”
- “Third year in a row our family has had the privilege of bringing in the New Year at your fabulous home. Less snow this year, but we loved going and coming to town with less thrills. The view and weather was perfect. I think of the view from the back windows often in my “real life.” Hope next year to make it 4 in a row.” - Paris, TX
- “We have enjoyed a wonderful week of “family time.” We delayed our Christmas celebration until this week and brought our whole family up to spend time together. Your home is beautiful and is the best equipped vacation home we have stayed in. We found everything we could possibly need, even a Christmas tree. We were hoping for more snow, but the kids and grandkids still enjoyed skiing and disc sledding. The views are incredible from the decks but unfortunately, we only saw a few turkey. Looking forward to returning for more family fun.” - Round Rock, TX
- “This cabin is fantastic! It’s huge – great for a family or two – but was delightful just for my husband and I. We especially enjoyed waking to the sunrise and watching as the sun hit Sierra Blanca. Simply breath-taking views. We saw wild turkey – it was so fun to watch them run! – and some deer. There are 17 deer in the world (as we say in our family; however many you see is all there are for your world right now). Thank you for sharing such a beautiful place!” - Lubbock, TX
- “The house is beautiful; lovely place to spend time with family mostly if you are surrounded by trees covered with snow.”
- “We had a great family gathering in your wonderful cabin. We saw deer and turkey and “hiked” to the mountain top behind us with our 2, 4 and 13 year old grandsons. We enjoyed the spaciousness of the cabin as well as the great and complete furnishings. We hope to be back.” - Smithville, TX
- “Thank you for the hospitality and comfort of your cabin. We had a great time skiing and our sons enjoyed snow for the first time (great snow fell at the top of the mountain)!” - Austin, TX
- “Your home is so nice. Biggest compliment I feel we can say is that if felt like “home” for us over the last 2 days. The house had everything we could possibly need and was incredibly convenient. Look forward to return trips. Thank you!!” - El Paso, TX
- “This is our second time at your cabin, but we hope not our last! It was a wonderful trip. Thanks for providing such an excellent place to stay.” - Lubbock, TX
- “The cabin was very nice. The view was awesome. Very cozy and comfortable. Would love to come again and just might do it. It felt like home! We had a great stay, but it’s time to travel home. God Bless you and your family.” - Ballinger, TX
- “Watching the deer come up was great. Had some a few days. Done a lot of walking looking at the views down the road. Grilled on the back deck. Everything was just right!”
- “Our family has gathered in your home for Easter weekend 2014. We have traveled from Crowell, TX, Waco, TX, and Memphis, TN. The matriarch of our family gave us this trip for Christmas. We all fell in love with your home. It’s beautiful, comfortable and perfect for a family gathering. We greatly enjoyed all of the wildlife and spent much time on the back porch. The girls spent one day in town, the next day some went hiking, some horseback riding and some to the casino. We went to the local sunrise Easter service in town. After much great food and camaraderie, we all went our separate ways. Thank you so much for sharing your home. We loved it!”
- "This cabin is beautiful, the view is outstanding, my family and I love it. From the deck has an awesome view and we saw a couple of deer. And I named him Bamby. This was a beautiful trip. Loren (10 years old)." - Odessa, TX
- "I had a awesome time. I love this cabin. We saw some deer. I love the view of the mountains. Lana (9 years old)." - Odessa, TX
- "Wow!! What a wonderful home this is!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. The girls just love the view and wildlife. We hope to return later this summer if you will have us." - Odessa, TX
- "This was awesome. I wouldn’t trade for another cabin. It was gorgeous, peaceful, just amazing. You will be seeing us (my family) more often." - Odessa, TX
- "Thanks for sharing your home with us!! Beautiful – the view and walk up the mountain was wonderful. Hope to come back!!" - Midland & Houston, TX; Ardmore, OK
- "Thank you so much for allowing our families to stay in your lovely home. We had so much fun, and the kids especially enjoyed the woods and wildlife." - Prosper, TX
- "We certainly had a great two weeks of relaxation, golf, hiking and roaming the village. Your “cabin” is terrific, and the view is spectacular! We were happy that you were able to stop in and visit with us. Hope you had a smooth and uneventful flight home." - Spring, TX
- "We had a great time! Loved the cabin and hope to come back soon! Thank you!" - San Antonio, TX
- "Thanks. Great time had by all, “The Gang”" - Midland, TX
- "We had the best time at your beautiful cabin! Thanks for everything." - Carlsbad, NM
- "The house was great and comforting. Cool weather and friendly animals." - Lubbock, TX
- "Loved our stay here. You have a beautiful home! Thank you so much for sharing with us." - Odessa, TX
- "Thank you so much for letting stay at your home. All 3 of our families enjoyed the spaciousness of your beautiful home. The views are wonderful. We look forward to staying here again." - Albuquerque, NM
- “Your cabin was one of the best we’ve stayed in – the rooms were spacious, you had plenty of amenities, and the balcony view was breathtaking. I will highly recommend this to friends and family and we will definitely be back.” - El Paso, TX
- “Year #10 has come and gone. It hardly seems possible! We have loved every minute of it. We had our entire family this year and, due to some new additions we had to rent another home. It was on Alhambra just a short walk away. Each year we leave, planning for “next year.” What a great blessing and privilege to be able to come here at such a special time. We are truly thankful. Hope the coming Christmas season and New Year are very prosperous and blessed. God willing, we’ll see you next year.” - Dallas, TX
- “We had an awesome time. Your home is beautiful and had everything. Expect us again.” - South Texas
- “Thank you once again for sharing your cabin with our family. The kids were very happy, the cabin very comfortable. We hope to come back next year.” - El Paso, TX
- “Thank you guys so much for allowing us to stay safe and warm when the roads to Texas got so bad. We spent our extra day sitting before the fire and watching the snow. Breath taking! For the 4th year in a row you have been one of our family favorites. Your home is so cozy and comfortable. It is always the perfect stay.” - Paris, Midland, & Frisco, TX
Family Weekend Getaway
5/5, Stayed Oct 2013
El Paso Resident, El Paso, Texas
Amazing cabin with beautiful views and plenty of privacy. It was much better than what we expected and the cabin had everything we needed. We would definitely stay there again.
Published Nov 6, 2013
5/5, Stayed Oct 2013
Stephanie O., Lubbock, TX
The listing was very accurate! You will love staying at this beautiful home. Everything was clean, lovely and inviting. Joe and Judy Christian were most helpful and hospitable! Very secluded and private, yet close to downtown shops and restaurants. We would highly recommend this property to others. As a matter of fact, after being there only a short time, one of our group tried to rent the property for a Thanksgiving family event....but the property was not available. Love Ruidoso, love this property! Hope to enjoy it again.
Published Oct 26, 2013
Another Glorious Visit to Twin Mountain Cabin
5/5, Stayed Aug 2013
Shaughn H., Austin, TX
This is our 5th stay at this wonderful home. The location is private, about 5 minutes to downtown. The views are excellent. All beds are very comfortable. The kitchen/dining and great room are all spacious.This property and the owners are second-to-none. A truly beautiful and relaxing experience every year we come. We're staying again next year for 2 additional nights!!!
Published Sep 21, 2013
5/5, Stayed Aug 2013
Tracey S., Irving, Texas
We had a great time on our vacation at Twin Mountain Cabin. We loved the location and the views. Spent a lot of time on the deck watching the wildlife. We have been to Ruidoso a lot and this is our favorite vacation rental so far!
Published Sep 14, 2013
5/5, Stayed Jul 2013
This house is perfect for a family getway to Ruidoso. We have been there the last 4 years every summer and spend a few weeks to get out of the Texas heat. The location is very convenient to everything to do in town. Great views off the big porch. Nice big kitchen and family room. Our kids love it and everything is clean and furnishing are very nice. We have been going to Ruidoso for 20 years and this is the only house we have ever said "We are done looking for other places to stay". Joe (Owner) is always very helpful if any issues come up.
Published Aug 14, 2013
5/5, Stayed Jul 2013
JP, Stephenville, TX
We enjoyed our stay at Twin Mountain very much. What a perfect way to start each day with a hot cup of tea, a beautiful view of the mountains, and friendly wildlife. We were visited every day by deer, turkey, hummingbirds, blue jays, and chipmunks. The house is roomy and comfy, perfect for a family gathering. The kitchen is so well stocked you only need to bring what you plan to eat. Easy, comfortable, beautiful! We look forward to another visit.
Published Jul 23, 2013
Great time at a great home in Ruidoso
5/5, Stayed Jul 2013
brn2bcountry, Gilbert, AZ
This was our second family vacation to Ruidoso and we had a wonderful time in large part to the home. Lets start with the basics. The description and photos were very accurate. I felt like I had been there before even though this was our first time to the home. It was very clean with no issues. The owner gave us a courtesy call shortly after we arrived to make sure we made it and to address any questions we may have. The home is fantastic; it's large and comfortable. We stayed a week and I felt like it was my home. I like that it's not too fancy but it's not cheap. We all loved the back deck. My kids spent so much time out there. The wildlife is a memory they will keep with them. We found a bag of corn in the garage which we assumed was for our use. We kind of got carried away with it but the kids had a great time. Every morning, you could step on the deck and shake a cup of corn and the deer would come running; we counted sixteen at one time. Other times, turkey would move through the area. If you're a bird watcher then you would enjoy the hummingbirds and other different birds who frequent the back of the house. The hummingbirds really put on a show! Twice, I was able to see a large elk in the area.
As far as the town of Ruidoso, it's a small town but perfect for a relaxing family vacation. For the kids, we were able to go fishing everyday and caught several trout each day. They aren't big but the boys had a great time. There is Funtrackers which is lots of fun for the family. It has a putt putt, bumper boats and cars, a maze, and go karts. The go karts were a blast! They have three different levels from turtle, which my 3 year old was able to do, to the pro track where my wife and I tore up the track. In addition, the town has a public pool with a water slide, a kid pool, and diving board. I bet I went down that slide 50 times. I'm still sore. LOL. We went to the movie theatre which is small but clean and surprisingly nice. If you haven't seen Despicable Me 2, you need to. There is a bowling alley with automated bumpers for the kids; we went twice. I forgot how much fun bowling can be. We went for several hikes with one being on a National State Park Trail. We found maps at the Smokey the Bear Ranger Station. Other times, we hiked right out the back of the house and up the mountain.
I definitely recommed this home for your next vacation but you might want to hurry. We've already reserved two other dates & plan more.
Published Aug 1, 2013
Best of the best!
5/5, Stayed Jun 2013
Dawni N., New Mexico
My family and I love Ruidoso. We have rented approximately twelve different homes within the last twenty years. Twin Mountain is truly the best of the best. The home is spacious, comfortable, and offers everything you need when vacationing.
Published Jul 9, 2013
5/5, Stayed Jun 2013
A great place for enjoying the mountain air and the animals that visited. This is the 3 rd or 4th time we've stayed here and we enjoy it and look forward to it each time. Last time we saw a mother bear and two cubs but this time only plenty of deer and wild turkeys. The deck is great to hangout onand relax. Overall a nice house with immediate access to the forest. Owners called us on the first day to make sure we were settled in and on the next to last to hear any concerns about the stay.
Published Jun 29, 2013
Wildlife & babies
5/5, Stayed Jun 2013
Judy G., Comanche, TX
Experience the mountains, deer and turkey. When standing on the 'childproof' balcony all you see are the mountain tops and the abundant wildlife. We had our 1 year old with us so I was pleased to see an easy to use baby gate and high chair. We will definitely be back.
Published Jun 13, 2013
Mountain View Property
5/5, Stayed Jun 2013
Robert U., Oklahoma City, OK
The Mountain View home in Ruidoso is beautiful. Accommodations were splendid - our 9 and 7 yr old grandchildren had a room of their own which they loved. The kitchen - wow, every kitchen tool that might be needed was available. The deer, birds, turkeys visited morning and evening, and also two elk visited on one morning. Wonderful views of the mountains. A wonderful home to stay in and hopefully we will go back some day! Also, the description and pictures on their website are good but this home is even better in person. Ruidoso needs RAIN! Keep your eye to the sky for them.
Published Jun 13, 2013
Easter Weekend 2013
5/5, Stayed Mar 2013
Travis, Lubbock, TX
We had a very good time at the house. This is a very clean and new home with an amazing view of the mountains. It had everything that we could possibly need to keep everyone happy. The huge kitchen and living room made it possible to have me, my wife, my 11yr old, my 4yr old, my in-laws, and my parents all under the same roof without feeling cramped at all. We had as many as 33 deer at a time come to the back of the house for feeding, and my kids were able to let the deer eat out of their hands. We also had turkey come strutting in and put on an impressive show. I would recommend it to anyone that could use a relaxing get away. We will come back. We felt that the price is very reasonable too. March 28-31 of 2013.
Published Apr 4, 2013
Great Place to stay
5/5, Stayed Mar 2013
Jolene C., Wichita Falls
Wonderful cabin for adults and kids. We plan on going back next year. Great views and very private
Published Mar 21, 2013
homeowner, mother, grandmother
5/5, Stayed Feb 2013
Mom, Ransom canyon, Texas
The cabin was an exceptional property and exceeded our expectations. It was well furnished, clean, and had a spacious layout for a large family. The setting high in the pines was beautiful as was the view from the back deck. All of our family agreed it was the best property we had rented in Ruidoso and we hope to be able to return in the future. The pictures clearly represented the property and the home-owners provided clear,concise directions to the cabin. Although the cabin was secluded, it was minutes away from the center of town and all activities.
Published Feb 23, 2013
- “Happy New Year to all! So thankful for the opportunity to have an awesome winter vacation in your beautiful home. I have stayed in lots of rental homes over the years and none that compare with your hospitality. We love the cabin, Ruidoso, the wildlife and cooking and eating everything we could think of. Hope we can do it again next year!” – Paris, TX
- “We had a great time at yur house. Everything was great, no problems with anything. Beautiful home!!” – Ransom Canyon, TX
- “We really appreciate all the amenities the house has, especially the baby gear! All of us agree it’s a place we’d like to return to. ” – Ransom Canyon, TX
- “We had a great time in the house! We cound’t have asked for a more perfect place! We hope to come back really soon. Thanks!” – Wichita Falls, TX
- “We had a great time – building memories for a lifetime, hope to come back soon!” – Lubbock, TX
- “Just two words: GREAT PLACE!” – Mexico.
- “We really enjoyed our stay in your wonderful home. We look forward to another visit. Everything was great.” – Artesia, NM
- “Thank you so much for sharing your incredibly beautiful home. It is the most fabulous place we have stayed in Ruidoso. The deer and turkey were fun to watch, we even saw an elk! The views and birds were amazing. This has been the most perfect get away vacation, we had it all: peace, quiet, nature, and family time. We look forward to coming again.” – Snyder, TX
- “We had a wonderful time! We will be back!”
- “We want you to know how much we enjoyed our stay. Your cabin's so cozy - our nights were sweet-dozey! To leave filled our hearts with dismay!” - Abilene, TX and North Carolina
- “Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us. This year was the same as last - wonderful! Your home is very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the birds, hummingbirds, and the deer (also turkeys). Our trip to Ruidoso was great because of the accommodations.”
- “We had a wonderful get-away the past four days. Your house is comfortable and very accommodating. We enjoyed being close to nature and to God's beauty - The deer, turkeys, blue jays, hummingbirds, and chipmunks became our best friends. We gave names to each of them and identified them by their behavior. Thank you for allowing us to be guests in your beautiful home. We will look forward to a return visit.”
- “Beautiful home. Enjoyed every minute of it. Loved all the wildlife, deer, turkey, bear, stellar jays, chipmunks and moles. We will be back next year.” - Cleburne, TX
- “What a blessing it was to find your home for our vacation l- it truly was a home away from home. The damp weather did not dampen enjoying the beauty of Ruidoso. We appreciate all the things you do to make your home so special. Having the coffee, nice linens, TV's in all rooms etc shows your extra touch. AND - we appreciated your call to check on us as well.” - Houston, TX and Spicewood, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing "your little piece of heaven" with us. We had a wonderful time. The cabin is lovely, quiet, and views are beautiful. Thanks again! You have given us a place that we think our whole family would enjoy. Hoping we can make this place to enjoy our family in the future.” - Sonora, TX
- “It is so wonderful when a group of women who are bonded by friendship can leave our families and find reujvenation in the beautiful mountains of Ruidoso. Your home provided us with such a warm place to "hide away". Thank you for allowing us to find nurture and love. We shopped, gambled and people watched (the motorcycle rally was in town). We laughed, cried, shared our hearts and our souls. We are renewed. The business of life put on hold and our spirites were renewed.” - The Bunco girls of Lubbock, TX
- “Thank hyou for sharing your home with us. You home is very cozy and comfortable. Our boys, meaning our husbands, enjoyed feeding the deer our of their hands. We also saw a bluejay while relaxing on the back porch. Hopefully we will be back very soon.”
- This is a poem that one of our guests wrote about the area:Sierra Blanca Dinner Theatre
gypsy clouds part bead curtains
to reveal the stage.
Pines distressed by drought
and bark beetles await flint's
strike, orange keg lights.
in violent, roiling streams,
while perched stellar jays
pose as lapis flames on
the consumed branches.
Entering stage left,
circling frantically, then
pausing in midair,
a hummingbird chirps
“Nectar! Nectar! Wherever
is the sweet syrup?”
A cougar dashes
from among the trees to snatch
a dog on a walk.
The owner gives chase
and hurls rocks until the cat
drops its howling snack.
Leaving trashy tracks,
black bears dump dumpsters to dine
from rifled cartons:
blue corn tortillas,
buttermilk pie, and dribbles
of Wellhead Pale Ale.
- “Thank you for the hospitality. What an incredible weekend with the balloon fiesta, cowboy symposium, and views from the deck. Thank you for welcoming us into your home.” - Erie, CO
- “Thanks for the warm hospitality! As usual, we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The decks got lots of use, and we enjoyed the wildlife.” - Erie, CO
- “Wonderful house, fabulous location, precious fellowship with friends, great Texas Tech game! Everything we needed was here – including a group of friendly mule deer and gorgeous blue jays. We hope to return again!” - Lubbock, TX
- “Very relaxing place to visit. Wonderful views. We will leave with memories of a great time.” - Arlington, TX
- “Could not have asked for a better place to relax and spend time with friends. Wonderful house and beautiful vistas.” - Dallas, TX
- “Thank you so much for the enjoyable weekend that I had to spend with my most precious loving family!! It’s a great place and we hope to return again. God Bless and Thanks Again.” - El Paso, TX
- “Once again we enjoyed our stay here. We only saw turkey the morning we left. We hope to return again.”
- “Year number nine has come to a close for our “Thanksgiving in the Mountains.” Our family is always sad to leave but looking forward, hopefully, to year number 10. Thank you for providing such a blessed, peaceful place to enjoy our holiday. We love the beauty of the world God created for us and the beauty He created in you to allow us to share it. We pray for a happy, healthy prosperous year for you and for all of us. God bless you.” - Dallas, TX
- “Thank you for sharing your home with us. The house is beautiful and the view takes your breath away.”
- “Thank you very much for sharing your cabin with our family! We had a wonderful time. The kids kept saying this was an amazing “field trip.” We hope to come back soon!” - El Paso, TX
- “Our family had a great time in your cabin. Our 2 & 4 year olds loved seeing the deer in the backyard. The view is incredible. Thank you for the memories.” - Lubbock, TX
5/5, Stayed Dec 2012
Kathy, Paris, Texas
For the second year in a row my family enjoyed the hospitality, beautiful views and comfort of Twin Mountain Cabin. Everything was clean and comfortable. It is the best stocked vacation home I have ever stayed in. The views are stunning and we had just enough snow. We will go back again!!
Published Feb 22, 2013
GREAT CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY
5/5, Stayed Dec 2012
TEXAS TRAVELER, lubbock, texas
we had a great time with our children and grandchildren. we had lots of space, great kitchen and dining area. it is a private location and lots of room to go exploring. excellent WIFI. the property was clean and spacious. we would definitely recommend this property.
Published Feb 22, 2013
Loved your cabin!!
5/5, Stayed Oct 2012
My family very much enjoyed our stay here at this cabin. It was perfect for my family, with all the room, the 3 bath rooms especially! Beautiful and large kitchen. It was very clean. The description of cabin is very accurate. Some of my family has already recommended to others, and they have stayed there also, and enjoyed their stay. I would recomend cabin to others. Beautiful cabin and view. We are planning on staying again this fall, cant wait. I would have to say everything about the cabin was great!!!! 🙂 Owners were very pleasant to talk to.
Published Feb 24, 2013
What an Outstanding Vacation!
5/5, Stayed Sep 2012
Shaughn H., Austin, TX
What a beautiful cabin, nestled in the woods! Great location. Very private. Great wrap-around porch for cooking, eating & watching the many hummingbirds, wild turkeys and deer. 5 minutes to downtown. Excellent comfort. I can go on and on. You've got to experience this to truly grasp the beauty and tranquility. We've taken our elderly parents for the last 3 out of 4 years to Twin Mountain. They love it. We love it. We're coming back this year for another 6-night stay and will continue this annual trek for as long as we're able.. Just an amazing, private, lovely home and location. The owners are very responsive to our needs.
The listing for the property was very accurate. The photos didn't do justice to this truly beautiful home and surroundings. It's hard to replicate perfection!! The property was clean and well maintained.The owners were readily avaailable for any help. I would strongly recommend this property to others. It's simply majestic.We cook most of our meals in the huge, chef-friendly kitchen, b ut our only outing was to Baron's Cattle Steak House, an outstanding local eatery. Five stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published Feb 23, 2013
5/5, Stayed Aug 2012
Sue, Odessa, TX
We loved everything about this property and will book again for this summer.
Published Feb 22, 2013
Great house with wildlife
5/5, Stayed Jul 2012
Jeff W., Edmond OK
Family enjoyed watching the deer and bears.
Published Feb 23, 2013
- “Happy New Year! Wonderful stay, so beautiful. I have never stayed in a house so well stocked! Thank you for your hospitality – we will be back." – Paris, TX
- “Thank you so much for having this beautiful cabin to rent! Our boys (3 & 4 years) LOVED playing together – they really loved the giant fish pillow. They also got to see several mule deer from the patio. It was a wonderful experience and we look forward to the opportunity to return." – Corinth, TX
- “Beautiful home, nice last visit for mom (Ruidoso Class of 63)." – Tulsa, OK
- “Very lovely home, thank you so much. Enjoying our spring break. Hope to come back very soon. We felt very cozy, like if we were at home." – Odessa, TX
- “Thank you so much for allowing us to spend time in your wonderful home. We thoroughly enjoyed the spectacular scenery and fresh air. The children enjoyed a very special experience here in the beautiful mountains. We would hope to do it again." – Clovis, NM; Lanana, TX; & Annapolis, MD
- “We very much enjoyed our stay at your cabin. We loved it. Thanks very much.” – El Paso, TX
- “Thank you once again for letting us psend the last week in your wonderful home. We enjoyed so much being able to get away from the hectic city and just relax together as a family!” – Arlington, TX
- “This our fourth stay in your cabin. We first stayed in 2006. We’ve enjoyed our stay every time. We look forward to coming back if the Lord wills. We were able to enjoy more wild life this time. God Bless you.” – Odessa, TX
- “We had an amazing time at your cabin. We love this place; feels like home. We enjoyed the deer and loved watching the birds. We hope to be back soon.” – Katy, TX
- “Thank you for sharing yhour gorgeous home with us and thank you for everything.” – San Angelo, TX
- “We had an awesome trip! Loved your beautiful home and the wildlife.” – Hobbs, NM
- “The house was fantastic! I loved the house and the porch! On this trip I saw my first bear, and a mule deer. The home was gorgeous. I absolutely loved it!! It was my favorite trip I’ve ever been on. Thank y'all so much!! The house was so cozy and inviting. The hummingbirds would come right up to me! Thanks again!” – Edmond & Weatherford, OK
- “We really loved staying in your beautiful home – it was perfect and then some. Our 5 grandkids loved the back porch and feeding the deer and the birds. We’ll take back wonderful memories. God bless and thank you!” – Artesia, NM
- “Had another “grand” time here with our family. We loved every minute getting to hang out with our grandkids. They loved it also. Thanks again for sharing your home!” – Grahm, TX
- “As three couples we want you to know what a treasure we feel this place is. This is our 4th year to enjoy your second home and we love it. We look forward to the weather, views, animals and the lovely accommodations. You have been blessed with this place and we are thankful you share the blessing with others. May you enjoy a year of health and blessings on you and your family.” – San Antonio & Bedford, TX
- “We try to meet every summer with our kids and grandson in Ruidoso and this was the first time we stayed here. This is breath-taking and so enjoyable. Our grandson loved seeing the deer and taking walks. We will certainly return.” – Odessa, TX
- “Thank you for the blessing of staying in your home. Our family is celebrating 50 years of marriage. We have all of our children and one grandson to share this time. First morning of course – the hummingbirds and deer. Second day, coyotes; how fun. Food tastes good and fellowship is perfect” – Denton, TX
- “Once again we are in your debt for the wonderful, restful experience of staying in your lovely home. While here we have enjoyed seeing all the birds, deer, turkeys and even a bear. That was a little bit of a shock, but it just kept on going. The hummingbirds are quite a delight and can get quite aggressive to the other birds attempting to drink from the feeders. They are so BUSY flitting around. Thank you again for the wonderful stay.” – Lubbock, TX
- “Thank you so very much for opening your home to us. It has been a perfect place to enjoy R&R! The views are incredible and our favorite thing about your home. The deer were fun to see and the coyote in the moddle of the night were exciting to hear! Thank you for such a clean, cozy, and spacious home! We loved it.” – Nazareth, TX
- “Thank you for opening your home to us. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay with all of our family! We were able see and feed the deer and turkeys! We hope to come back again next fall! - - Yes, we did have a great time! We all loved your spacious lovely home, hope to return next year. We loved having our own space. Loved the view from deck. We left you a painting that my grand daughter made for you.” – Jayton, TX
- “What a beautiful home! We enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for all your help during our water crisis. The return of water was cause for celebration. We come to Ruidoso at least once a year and we hope to stay here again.” – El Paso, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home. We had a wonderful time and made some awesome memories. We plan on making this an annual trip with our friends. Thanks for your kindness and flexibility.” – Tahoka, TX
- “Thank you so much for making us feel so much at home! Your cabin is beautiful and we loved our time here. The Christmas tree was a wonderful addition to our family Christmas trip. Thank you for being so thoughtful and thanks for warning us about the snow storm!! Only one of us got stuck coming up the road! (Ha Ha!). We hope to come back next year!” – Lubbock, TX
- “The best family Christmas ever! The cabin was just perfect for our growing family. When we went to bed last night, the mountains and trees were being covered by snow, about 3 inches on the ground by morning. The grand-babies just loved all the room to play in. They loved feeding the “reindeer” off the back deck. We even saw a couple of elk on the mountain, this was a highlight of the 2 son-in-laws. This was a great place for Santa to visit. Thanks for letting us enjoy your home at Twin Mountain.” – Junction, Universal City, Montgomery, TX
- “Thank you for making this wonderful family house available. It is just perfect for our family. Everyone had room and it felt like home. I especially loved the kitchen where all the action truly is. We all had a wonderful, relaxed time. The grand children were thrilled with the turkeys and deer.” – Lubbock, TX
- "Muy apreciables senores. El dia de hoy se vencen muestras vacaciones, mismas que disfiutamos a plenitude en esta su cabana, Hermosa cabana. Les manifiestan que nuestra estadia fue excelente pues las instalaciones de su cabana nos proparcionaron comadidad y ademas nos permitio participar."
- "Our stay couldn’t have been better. Felt like we were staying in a tree house with the best views in town. The last 3 days we’ve had a 6 x 6 bull elk hang out back taking naps and looking us over. Also had a 10 pt buck and his harem show up everyday. Many, many turkey and blue jay. Both grandmas, my 10 and 5 year old sons, and my wife made the trip. The boys were blown away with the wildlife and got on skis for the first time. We’ll remember this trip forever and give many thanks!!" – Handly
- "Thank you for your hospitality. We enjoyed the wildlife and comfort of this beautiful and spacious home. All our kids could say was "it's awesome!" We are looking forward to returning again in the near future. May God Bless you!" – Brownwood, TX
- "Thank you so much for sharing your lovely house with us. It was most comfortable and we had a great time. Thank you." – Cedar Hill, TX
- "Just a note to say how much we enjoyed your cabin! The highlight of the day was watching the wildlife, especially the hummingbirds! Hope we can come again!" – Clarks, Cedar Hill, TX
- "Just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed your cabin. It was so comfortable for all of our group. The kids enjoyed playing outdoors as well as watching movies indoors. We all enjoyed watching the deer and turkeys. Wish we could have stayed longer." – Las Cruces, NM
- "If home is where the heart is, you have generously found a way to share it with us. We had a most rewarding stay in your beautiful mountain retreat. We experienced a mother bear and her two cubs, a beautiful fox and many deer and turkeys that greeted us every morning. Thank you for trusting us with what we are sure is one of your most treasured possessions." – Pittsburg, CA
- "I absolutely adore your home! It is very beautiful and has a great view! Thank you so much for letting us stay in your home! We saw a lot of deer and turkey and we also built a fort in the backyard! Thank you again for letting us stay in your beautiful home! I will definitely come back next year!" – Graham, TX
- "Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home! It was so much fun. We enjoyed sitting on the porch playing games, crafts, and watching the deer, turkey, hummingbirds, and chipmunks! We hiked up the hill behind the house and we saw a lot of horned toads! Thank you again for letting us stay! We will be back next year!" – Graham, TX
- "I can't thank you enough for allowing us to enjoy our stay here. Your home was cozy and felt just like home! We look forward to many more stays." – Wolfforth, TX
- "Thank you for the great accommodations. The view and atmosphere was great! We would definitely recommend to someone else."
- "You have a beautiful cozy home. We enjoyed having breakfast, lunch and dinner on the deck, watching deer and wild turkeys go by. The view is amazing, lots of beautiful pictures were taken. This was a wonderful experience. We have plans to make this a yearly trip, possibly sometime in the winter as well so we can see the beautiful snow. Thanks a million for sharing your home." – Mesquite, TX
- "This was our second 1 week stay in your lovely home, and we enjoyed every moment. The bustle and noise of the Labor Day crowds in town was non existent on your back porch. It's amazing how one feels completely remote and isolated here while simultaneously being only minutes from the outstanding shops, restaurants, and casinos. We may never have an opportunity to return, but we will carry the love and laughter we shared in your home forever." – Abilene, TX
- "What a beautiful place with all the peace, quiet and wildlife was spectacular. Could not have been so perfect! Thank you for sharing." – Rio Rancho, NM
- "Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home. We look forward to staying here again next year. Everything was perfect and beautiful. Thank you!!" – Las Vegas, NM
- "Thanks so much for sharing your nice home with a bunch of fellow Texans. It has been a relaxing and delightful stay." – Midland, TX
- "We loved staying in your beautiful home with great friends. You have the best view in town!" – Midland, TX
- "We all enjoyed your beautiful home. The eight of us were delighted with the view, comfort and weather." – Lockhart, TX
- "Great time with wonderful friends in a delightful home. Thanks for making it available to us." – Ross, TX
- "EAA weekend - A delightful house, delightful hosts, delightful weather! What more could one ask for? Thanks indeed to wonderful friends to invite us to share the weekend." – San Angelo, TX
- "For several months I have looked forward to this weekend with anticipation. Your hard work in creating this lovely retreat has rewarded so many of your fellow pilots with deepening friendships and understanding. What may have started for you as a financial investment has enabled us to live in close proximity for three days of laughter, camaraderie, stress relief and bonding with like minded Christians. My respect and fondness grows for each participant with each enjoyable anecdote that is related or created by my friends. Thank you so much for inviting Nancy and me. My heart is full and I leave with fond memories of a weekend well spent." – Ft. McKavett, TX
- “Thank you so much for opening up your home to us! It is absolutely beautiful! My 85 year old grandfather had never been to Ruidoso and we brought him here and was simply amazed with the view and also the home. You guys thought of everything! Thank you so much for letting us make such wonderful memories!" – Midland, TX
- “Thank you for allowing us to stay in your most beautiful and cozy home. Thanks to you, we had a wonderful trip to Ruidoso. My dad is 85 and had always wanted to visit here, this really made his first visit here very special and memorable. We couldn’t have stayed in a more comfortable place than this one. We will definitely be back – God willing. Once again thank you both and God Bless!" – Midland, TX
- “Thanks for such a beautiful place to spend a few days. We know that it’s hard to keep up and maintain such a beautiful place for strangers like us. We appreciate the trust and the hospitality of such a warm home. Thank you from my dad and my sisters – it was wonderful." – Midland, TX
- “Thank you so much; it was a wonderful stay. We can’t wait to come back!!" – Midland, TX
- “We had a wonderful time staying in our spectacular home. It is perfect. Loved the big kitchen as we enjoyed cooking together! You both have been so gracious! Can’t wait to come back soon!" – San Angelo, TX
- “As always, we had a wonderful time in your beautiful home. There is absolutely nothing we needed that you did not already have. We will be back soon!" – Roswell, NM
- “Thanks so much for another special family Thanksgiving in your home. Each one we have spent here has provided many, many precious memories for me. We appreciate so much your replacing the washer so promptly. Your caretaker is a very nice man and so willing to help in any way. We never know what God has in store for us in the future but, if it is in His will we are planning to return for the 8th year in 2012. P.S. The new furniture was a nice surprise!" – Dallas, TX
- “Record snow fall! Stranded at house for 2 days, no possible way to get down the mountain! We brought plenty of provisions. If you are going to be stranded in the snow for 3 days this is the place to be. Very beautiful, plenty of firewood, fantastic views, and all kinds of wildlife. Joe and Judy even sent a snowplow to help us out. The house is beautiful and comfortable." – San Angelo, TX
- "Happy New Year! This might have been the best New Years yet. We loved being in your home. We were very comfortable. Your house is not missing a thing. We saw deer, wolf, many colorful birds. My girls enjoyed going sledding in all the great hills around. I will recommend your home to others. This is a great house. We loved it. We are already talking about coming back next year!" – Highland Village, TX
- "Gracias por permitirnos estar en su cabana, esta hermosa cada espacio esta muy comodo y comfortable. Vimos anocheceres hermosos con miles de estrellas, venados aloes. En fin un lugar perfecto para descansar. Estuvimos muy felices muchas gracias y nos vemos pronte en este bonito lugar." – Monterrey, Mexico
- "We really appreciate you letting us stay in your home for this weekend. We had a great time. We fed a deer! Thursday night it snowed and the cabin just looked absolutely beautiful! We are looking forward to hopefully coming back soon." – Roswell, NM
- "Thank you for sharing this restful place with our family. 4 bedrooms were just what we needed with our 3 adult kids and their spouses. Friday skiing, Saturday snowmobiling in Cloudcroft and today just enjoying a family worship time and then "no schedule." You will see the snowman on the road behind the house. The kids named him Fred. Blessings on your stay. We may indeed call you again in the future!" – San Antonio, TX
- "Thank you so much for allowing us to enjoy your beautiful home. We really felt right at home. The views are breath taking! The kids loved being able to go right outside the front door to play in the snow. They even enjoyed sliding down the hills around the house. We really enjoyed all the deer and turkey and beautiful birds.. We will be calling you again to come back to enjoy your beautiful home. Thank you again and may God bless you and your family!" – Cypress, TX
- "Thank you for a wonderful vacation. Your home is lovely and was just perfect for our group. We could never have expected such a perfect setting and long weekend. We hope we can back again soon. Thank you again for allowing us this lovely experience." – Midland, TX and Riverside, CA
- "We had a wonderful week here in Ruidoso and staying in your home. Some highlights included watching the stars from the back porch, building snow men in the front yard, playing board games around the fire, watching the wild turkeys and birds come up to the back yard. Your home was the perfect place for our two families. Thank you for your hospitality." – Austin, TX
- "What a beautiful home you have. We feel so fortunate to have found this awesome vacation home. This place is absolutely perfect for our family. My 11 year old son was thrilled with all the deer (24 at once) & turkey we saw daily. I was thrilled with the perfect floor plan with stunning views. I was able to enjoy the beautiful view while tending to younger children! Thank you so much for sharing your home!" – Plano, TX
- "We had a wonderful time. This is a very nice home, it was perfect for our trip. The view is absolutely breathtaking. The home was well equipped. We enjoyed cooking in the beautiful kitchen. We can’t wait until next year. Thank you for sharing your home." – Farwell, TX
- "Thank you for letting us rent this house. It was very fun. We had a great time skiing. Thank you for everything. It was fun. Thank you again."
- "The house was beautiful and very accommodating. The view is breath taking. We look forward to next year. Thank you for the memories and God Bless you and your family." – Ocala, FL
- "This is out last evening here at your place after 10 wonderful days. It has been relaxing, peaceful and inspiring. What an awesome place you have here! We loved feeding the birds and the wildlife. Had a variety of hungry customers every day. 16 mule deer one morning! We also loved the many sights and personalities of the Sierra Blanca peak. From the colors accentuated by the brilliant sunshine to the ominous look when covered in clouds. The wind howled the first few days we were here and it was miserable outside. Then the weather settled down to some beautiful bright sunshiny days with a light cool breeze. You could not ask for more perfect weather. But even when the weather was ugly outside, we were happy campers inside! We were so comfortable here in your beautiful home. We had everything we needed for our time of study and rest. Needless to say, we are not looking forward to leaving in the morning. We can only imagine that you all feel the same way whenever you are able to come. Wish we could be here for the best of the summer, but there are lots of responsibilities calling us home. Thank you so much for sharing our perfect haven with us. What a blessing it has been for us to be here! We look forward to returning perhaps in the fall, or if not, then as soon as the Lord allows. Thanks again and God bless you!" – Fredericksburg, TX
- "This is our second visit to your wonderful house. This time we brought our family and it has been wonderful! Amazing birds! Deer and wild turkey. We have enjoyed every minute and are already trying to plan a return visit. Thank you so much for doing so much to make it so comfortable." – Austin, TX
- "We were here almost exactly 5 years ago just before A/C was installed. We enjoyed our time immensely and love the house just as much as before - okay, a little more because of the A/C. You house is filled with TLC and we hope to return again, but not wait 5 years this time." – Ft. Worth, TX
- "Your home is one of the best homes I've every been in! I love the humming birds so much! Hope to come again (9 years old)." – Ft. Worth, TX
- "We were blest to have the opportunity to visit our son-in-law and daughter in your beautiful home. This is the perfect family vacation home. So warm and cozy. I think the best compliment I can give you is; "you have made this a Happy Place." I am leaving you a copy of two cookbooks I've written to add to your kitchen cookbook collection and hope you and your guests get a lot of enjoyment from them." – Caddo Mills, Greenville, TX
- "My wife and I enjoyed your beautiful home so much last summer that we had to come back this year and bring our 14 year old daughter. We have had a wonderful, relaxing time enjoying the cool air, gorgeous views, and all of the rest of God's creation up here. You have an awesome place here, and we thank you for sharing it with us! Our daughter has already told us she would like for us to make this place an annual tradition! As I sit here on the morning of our departure, I see my wife and daughter standing on the deck together, feeding the deer, turkeys and birds, and I am thankful for the time we have enjoyed together here in these quiet, peaceful surroundings. On a more exciting note, we saw a couple of bears last night as we drove around the neighborhoods down the mountain after dinner. That was fun! Again, thanks for sharing your home with us!" – Arlington, TX
- "We had so much fun visiting your wonderful home. I am sure long after we leave you can hear the echoes of our laughter. Not every home has such a feeling of happiness and well being as your home does -- it spills over to those who occupy it. Everything was perfect and is so comfortable. As a home economics major, I think you thought of every detail. Thank you! We had a perfect opportunity during our stay to relax. The view and wildlife was spectacular. What a joy you have been to work with and so patient to answer my never ending questions." – Tomball, TX
- "Thank you so much for sharing your amazing home with us. We had such a wonderful time experiencing the wildlife. - lots of deer, birds, turkeys, and a couple of brave chipmunks. Being able to spend time here with my parents and sister's family was priceless. Family game nights and lots of laughter will be some of my fondest memories from this vacation. I hope we are able to return here for years to come. My son will love to explore the forest when he gets older. For this trip, he enjoyed running on the deck and yelling at deer..." Doe, that, Doe..." Such fun! Deepest thanks." – Tomball, TX
- "Ruidoso has long been a favorite destination of our family. This trip, and staying in your fantastic above, has made this our favorite memory by far. 6 adults, 2 children, and a toddler laughed, talked, and communed with nature for 8 days, and we all still love each other! Our accommodations were so spacious, and our daughters, age 8 and 10, loved retreating to their own bedroom to play and watch TV in the evenings. Thank you so much for providing a welcoming haven for families. I look forward to a return trip!" – Bryan, TX
- "We absolutely love staying in your beautiful cabin. It has been a favorite of ours for many years. The views from up here are just breath-taking. We also enjoy the deer, this year we saw 3 babies and they were so cute to watch. Our family and friends want to Thank you for allowing us to stay in your wonderful cabin. Thank you as well for your hospitality. We all look forward to next year." – Burkburnett, TX
- "Thank you so much for sharing your home with us. We loved spending afternoons watching the cool drizzling rain. We bought groceries for the week and ate every meal out on the balcony. You can't do that in Texas! We loved getting up each morning and watching the deer and turkeys grazing in the woods. My husband joined us on Wednesday after a month of Air Force training. He had never been to Ruidoso, and said he could not have had a better 2 days to recover from his trip. We are already talking about coming back!" – Palestine, Abilene, TX
- "Mom and I had a wonderful time at your home. It was the perfect mother-daughter get away. As I write this, we are watching the turkeys from the balcony. Can't believe how big they are! A yearling doe has taken up with us, and she comes out in the evenings and lays down. 2 bucks come out in the mornings to graze with 3-4 does. I raise 6 deer at home so I love to watch them! We haven't seen the bull elk yet, but we heard him bugle last night! Ya'll have a beautiful home and thank you for sharing it with us! It's been a great time! Those hummingbirds can sure dive bomb ya!" – Kaufman, TX
- "Your home is so beautiful. We are so glad that we were able to share it. We saw a 9 point male deer and a friend saw a 5 point. Sitting on the balcony is so relaxing just watching nature. We hope to be able to come here again next year. Again, thank you so much for sharing your home. We had a wonderful time." – Christoval, TX
- "We really enjoyed our time as a family here. Mom and dad (87-86) and their daughters plus husbands. Loved the animals - lots of different hummingbirds (even a black one). Ruidoso is a nice town to visit. Friendly people. The casino is beautiful too (Inn of the Mountain Gods). We pray many blessings on you and your family." – Norman, OK
- "We had been greatly anticipating our stay in Ruidoso for several months, and were not disappointed. Your beautiful home exceeded all expectations. I especially appreciate the remoteness and the quiet, although several thousand motorcyclists descended upon Ruidoso during our stay, we could not hear them, and their presence did not bother us much. However, had we known the rally was going to be in town this week, we would have picked another time to come, as streets and restaurants were much more congested than we thought they would be this time of year. All things considered, it was a good week and we hope to come again." – Abilene, TX
- "What a wonderful end to a very long car trip! Your home is gorgeous, and your hospitality so welcoming! We felt right at home immediately. Thank you again for letting us stay - we loved being able to feed the deer and turkeys from the deck, hiking in the woods, and snuggling down to chat in the cozy living room. Truly the perfect vacation. We hope to see you again sometime." – Erie, CO
- "Thank you so much for renting us your wonderful home. The mountains and wildlife were breathtaking. This trip was for my birthday and what a great time we had. We saw deer and turkey in the morning and what a blessing to wake up and have a beautiful view of the mountains. God has blessed you and you have shared that with us and we thank you very much. This is a memory that we will share with everyone. God Bless and until next time!" – Eldorado, Christoval, TX
- "We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy your beautiful home with the amazing view. It was a quick 3 ½ day getaway that we all needed and this was the perfect place. We will definitely be back next year." – Lubbock, TX
- "Thank you so much for your willingness to share your place with us. It is absolutely beautiful, along with the breathtaking views! We enjoyed watching and feeding the deer, turkey, and birds. This place is so peaceful and quiet and relaxing. Makes me feel so close to God and His wonderful miracles and gifts that He provides for us. There are just not enough words to express our feelings. But we are grateful and plan to come back soon and hopefully bring back our grown children, grandchildren, and parents, so that they can also enjoy. Again, thanks for making your home feel like our own!" – Lubbock, Plainview, TX
- "We have really enjoyed staying in your beautiful home. It was real comfortable and relaxing A wonderful change from Las Vegas! We will definitely stay here again when we come next time." – Las Vegas, NV
- "We enjoyed your lovely home and fantastic scenery. We picked this place based on the photos and comments online, but were even more impressed in person. The added extras made cooking for our group so convenient. The impeccable home and comforting décor made our stay pleasant and relaxing. Every group had their own bath and plenty of space. We would all wake up early to see the wild turkeys, deer, and beautiful blue jays. We even saw a chipmunk. Thank you for doing such a great job!" – San Antonio, TX
- "Thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your lovely home.We had a wonderful time and the views, oh wow, breathtaking!"
- "It’s time to go home again, this time a day early, due to my husband’s illness. We feel like we need to allow plenty of time so we can take our time on the trip home if necessary. We had a wonderful time, as usual and hope to be able to come back next year, Lord willing. We saw many turkeys and deer but no snow this year. It was really windy for a few days but the house is so warm and comfortable in all kinds of weather. We all look forward to coming here and always wish we could stay "just a little longer." We will keep in touch and pray everything will work out for another visit to our home away from home." – Arlington, TX
- "Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. It is our first time for staying in a cabin and we loved it. Your home is very cozy and felt very welcoming. We enjoyed the beautiful views from the bedrooms and enjoyed watching the deer and all the wild turkeys and birds. We hope to come back again soon."
- "Thank you so much for opening your home to our family. We had a wonderful time, the house was so nice and cozy. We really enjoyed our stay here and we will be back." – Hobbs, NM
- "All of my family had a very nice time in your home. When we had Christmas together it just seemed like we were right at home. Thanks are many for allowing us to use your beautiful home." – Levelland, TX
- "We first wanted to say "WOW". What a beautiful home you have. Beautiful view, and awesome wildlife. Our girls loved it here and forever will remember this vacation. Thanks for all the Texas themed stuff; we felt right at home being from Austin. Hopefully we will be back again next year and hopefully there is more snow." – Austin
- "We rented your beautiful home with our next door neighbors and brought our two sons with us. Our five year old loved the "fish" room with the huge fish pillow, as well as the surprise closet of games. The view from the sofa was fabulous - a snow capped mountain. We all enjoyed putting the feed out for the deer, who made daily visits. Your home is so well stocked, we were pleasantly surprised by all the "extras" (books, games, crib, booster chair). What a fabulous week!" – Austin
- "We had a great time enjoying your gorgeous and astonishing house! We fed 23 deer at one time and loved watching them. We took one day of our vacation to ski/snowboard. We took another day to go to Carlsbad Caverns which was fantastic. Then the next day we invested in a couple of sand sleds and drove to the White Sands and had a fun day in the sun. This trip was a success. Thanks again!" – Sulphur Springs
- "Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful home! We had such a nice rest here - it was too short. Would love to come back again soon. This was the last stop of our 25th anniversary trip from Las Vegas headed back to Texas. So, this place will hold special memories for us. This is a special place - a gift! It is loved, and that feeling is felt here. Thanks for being such special people to share this "gift" with others! God Bless you! Thanks again!" – Lampasas
- "Thank you for sharing your lovely home. It is peaceful and feels like it is in the middle of nowhere instead of just a few minutes from town. We loved watching the ballet of hummingbirds and the parade of deer down below." – Corpus Christi
- "Let me start by saying your home is amazing! It had the comforts of home but all so much better. The view was breath taking! It was wonderful to wake up to the wildlife every morning. We will have many memories from this place to cherish. Thank you so much for the cards. We played all night. We are looking forward to planning our next trip here." – Odessa, Granbury
- "From the desert of El Paso to the pines of Ruidoso my family gathers a few times a year for peace and restoration from the hustle and bustle of city life. Your lovely home was the perfect setting for the serenity we craved. At the same time we took great pleasure in being entertained by wild turkey and deer who begged for corn. A variety of birds greeted us each morning and evening with their funny antics. With a peaceful serene heart we bid you good bye. Thank you and may God Bless you for sharing your home with us." – El Paso
- "We were hoping for a few relaxing days away from the hectic pace of home, and we found the perfect place! The home is so beautiful and the views are spectacular! It was so wonderful to escape the heat for a while – we opened the windows, turned off the A/C, and enjoyed the sounds of nature – no cars, planes, or people to spoil it. It was fun to watch the many different birds, especially the crazy hummingbirds! We really felt like we were living up in the treetops with them! Joe and Judy, thank you for the use of your beautiful home! You thought of everything to make us feel at home. I only wish we could stay longer! We ‘ll definitely be back!" – Arlington, TX
- "Thanks for use of your beautiful home. We had a fabulous time!" – Abilene, TX
- "Well, first off we were welcomed by a doe in the front yard when we first drove in. When we came into the house we were so pleasantly surprised by the spacious but inviting floor plan. We had more than enough room (in fact our 3 year old spent most of his time looking for turkeys or deer on the back deck/porch). The views were amazing and so serene. We were unable to bring my parents this year, to our surprise three days before we were due to come our mother fell at a movie theater and broke her foot in three places. We are hoping for a return trip next year (including my parents)." – Tucson, AZ Los Lunas, NM
- "This is our 2nd year in your lovely home! We just love it up here! It’s hard to leave, especially when we have to head back to 100 degree weather in Texas! We are so glad you make this wonderful place available for others to enjoy! Thanks again!" – Mansfield, TX
- "Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with our family. We felt very much at home. Our favorite part was watching the deer eat corn. We even saw a very young fawn. The views were amazing and we enjoyed the peacefulness. We hope to return soon and will recommend your home to our friends and family. It’s by far the best place to stay in Ruidoso P.S. – the great Texas sign is a nice touch." – Midland, TX
- "This was an amazing trip. We come to Ruidoso every year and this was one of the best Trips. Joe and Judy, thank you for sharing yhour home, it is wonderful. Now comes the dreaded return home. After being here in the peaceful wonderful place it’s hard to go home. Hopefully we will be back." – Waco, TX
- "We spent 3 days in your beautiful home, and wish we could stay longer. It is such a relaxing and peaceful place. We enjoyed watching the hummingbirds, deer, and wild turkey from the deck. Your home is very comfortable and met all of our needs perfectly. It felt like our home away from home, only better. We got in some much needed rest and relaxation during our stay here. Thank you so much for your generosity and willingness to share your beautiful place with us. We hope to visit here again someday. May God bless you!" – Dalhart, Abilene, TX
- "We spent a week in your home! We saw lots of deer and turkey. We love it here! We loved to hike up the mountain! There’s four deer we named (Sue, Lucy, Sassy, Johnny). We will be back next year." – Rotan, TX
- "We had a wonderful time in your house. We came to a golf tournament and the women were shoppers, eaters, and players of fun! We got to stay a week with 2 other couples and had a ball. Your house is incredible and we saw tons of wildlife off the deck, even a huge elk. We do not want to leave but hope to be back next year again and maybe with our families too!" – Hurst, Bedford, San Antonio, TX
- "I am a twenty four year old college student on vacation with my family. I have truly enjoyed all of the wonderful sights, sounds and comforts that your lovely home has given us. What a beautiful location! Thank you for choosing to share this joy with others. My only complaint is I have to leave." – San Marcos, TX
- "We are his cousins. We agree with his statements." – East Troy, Wisconsin
- "We are his parents. We had a great time. Loved the tiny baby fawns." – Marlin, TX
- "We are his grandparents. Loved the cool nights." – Lampasas, Kemner, TX
- "Yes, another vary enjoyable stay – my family was very comfortable here. We brought our own chef so our meals were gourmet! Broke even with the horses. I’m the mother – going on 90." – San Angelo, TX
- "It is a beautiful Sunday morning and the rain clouds are gently covering the top of the mountain. We are almost packed up and ready for our journey home. Reflecting on our BUNCO girls weekend, I can share that we loved our stay. Your home is beautiful and for our group the rooms and bathrooms and kitchen welcomed us. We spread our food on the bar and spent hours munching, laughing, talking, and eating. This was a perfect place to sit in our pajamas, share our “wisdom” and our tales of growing up adventures. We have a wonderful group of friends and God has blessed us. We range in age from 31 to 63, we come from all walks of life but in your home we bonded in our spirit and in our hearts. Thank you for the gift of our retreat." – Lubbock, Shallowater, TX
- "I want to tell you that you have a beautiful home. It has been a wonderful time for me and my husband and daughter. I want to let you know that it has been a pleasure that you open your home to the public. May the Lord keep you and guide you always." – Ribera, NM
- "We love the house and especially appreciate the great linens on the bed. So soft. Hope to be back in the spring." – Corpus Christi, TX
- "What a great house! We saw snow on the mountain Wednesday morning. The weather is perfect. Beds are comfy! The views are magnificent. We've had a marvelous time." – Weatherford, TX
- "Thank you for a wonderful 5 days of rest and fun. God bless you because we certainly thanked the Lord for your home."
- "Thank you for the use of this wonderful home. It was truly a mountain top experience! The view is so lovely from every direction. The bird watching was great. Thank you again for sharing." – Richardson, TX
- "We loved your home. It is truly beautiful "up here." We loved seeing the wildlife, all types! Birding was the best yet. Had just the right amount of snow." – Gainsville, Canadian, Ft. Stockton, Amarillo, TX
- "Thank you for letting us stay at your beautiful cabin. It was quite an experience. We hope to come back to visit soon." – Roswell, NM
- "We are starting to gather things together to leave in the morning early. Once again this week in your home has been a special Thanksgiving week full of more precious memories. This seems like our "home away from home" and we are grateful to you for making it available to us. Each year is different than the last but we are always drawn to come back again "next year." We saw many deer; does and bucks alike; lots of huge turkeys and one large elk on the mountain side at a distance. The blue jays and other birds are so beautiful and fun to watch. God willing, we look forward to "Thanksgiving 2010", once again in these magnificent surroundings. We thank God for making it beautiful, and you for sharing it with our family." – Mesquite, TX
- "This week was a week of firsts for us. First time some of us saw snow. First snow angels. First snowball fight. First snowman. First attempt at skiing/snowboarding. First time seeing this quaint little town. It was also the first time we've stayed at your beautiful home and we couldn't have felt more welcome. The house and the land are gorgeous and it pains us a little to have to leave it. You made our family visit so very wonderful and for that we are extremely grateful. Thank you for making our visit so memorable. And while the whole week was a week of firsts, God Willing, it won't be our last! We'll be in touch."
- "Your house truly amazed us, we felt right at home. During our stay your house provided the warmth and peaceful environment that our family needed for bonding. We were surprised to find hour home very well equipped, which made our stay that much more pleasant. We enjoyed watching the birds, deer and taking the long hikes. We are looking forward to coming back and staying once again in your beautiful home this summer." – El Paso, TX
- "Thank you for sharing your home with us this past week. We enjoyed the views this time with all the snow on the trees and other landscapes. This house is very well insulated with the temperatures in the teens! Everything this house had to offer us made our stay very enjoyable. This is our fourth Christmas in Ruidoso and loved it even more! We went house shopping and will be back in a couple of weeks to view more homes! Thanks for the inspiration. Next year hopefully we will have a vacation home to come to for the holidays. One more thing, the internet seems to stop working around 11 PM and does not start again until noon time." – San Antonio, TX
(Owner's note: Baja Broadband has solved the problem, which was caused by the unusual cold.)
- “We’re back! This is our 2nd time in your beautiful home. Thank you for allowing us to spend time here. We enjoyed it! We were here in March 2007 also." – Big Spring
- “What a fantastic home you have here. It really is like paradise. We can’t thank you enough for your generosity. This getaway was just what we needed. We’ll be back and we’re bringing friends and family!" Irving
- "We had a very nice weekend with our families and friends. The kids enjoy the house and the walks around the house. We will be back soon!" – Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua
- “I had a great time and I had a lot of fun." Juarez
- "We enjoyed staying in your home. We really enjoyed the A/C and the views. Thanks a bunch." – Spur, Lubbock, Flower Mound
- “We are in the land of the free because of the Brave” “ God Bless our Troops” We have stayed at dozens of different cabins up here and found yours to be our all time favorite and hope to be back many times. We both hope you will consider charging an additional A/C fee for those that want free us of the thermostat. We were on several occasions quite uncomfortable. Just a thought." – Midland.
(Owner's note – Thanks for your comment. We have replaced that thermostat with a standard one - no restrictions.)
- "We enjoyed your home. The views were stunning and we were able to see lots of wildlife." – Lubbock, Roswell, Las Cruces
- "Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. We just love it here. Saw lot’s of wildlife this year. The rain was just great. It was 105 at home and 70 here. We hope to stay again next year, this is our 3rd year." – Texas
- "We had an awesome weekend with friends and family. We brought my parents (88 years old – married 70 years this year) for a getaway weekend – if you could only hear the stories told here! Thank you for providing a wonderful and peaceful home to relax in. We hope to come next year for their 71st year! Many blessings to you and your family."
- "We had such a wonderful time here in your beautiful mountain home. Just a gorgeous view with so much wildlife! We were fortunate enough to see just about everything except for a bear. We must send you a picture of the enormous 11 point elk that was grazing just below the balcony. I could almost touch him he was that close. My husband just about flipped due to his large size and massive antlers. Silly me thought it was just an abnormally large deer! We will definitely be back." – Texas
- "Your cabin is beautiful – and the views are awesome! We come to Ruidoso every summer and we have really enjoyed our stay here. Again, spend the money and get some corn to throw out! Deer stand there and wait for you to feed them! They heard the sack and came running! Only draw back I can say is, needs some darker window coverings for the bedrooms!"
(Owner’s note - we have added additional curtains and black-out material to the roll down shades.)
- "Thanks for sharing your home." – Midland
- "You have a beautiful home. We had a fabulous time." – Midland
- "This is our fourth year to spend Thanksgiving in your beautiful, comfortable mountain home. When we arrive I feel so "at home." We are so blessed to enjoy this beautiful setting with our children, one of which is married. She and her new husband spent part of their honeymoon with us. What a treat for us! We love it here and appreciate the way you care for it and make people feel so welcome. We look forward to many more years of enjoyment here as long as the Lord allows. God bless you and thanks so much for your hospitality." – Mesquite
- "Let me start by telling you that your home is the most "comfortable" place we have ever stayed. It was as if your home was built for us. This was our first time to be away from home on Christmas and most of us had never seen snow! This trip was the first time we were all together on a vacation as well. We woke up our last day to a beautiful snow covered setting that could only be the work of God. My kids were thrilled, as were we all. I had been praying to see snow the whole trip, even though it snowed a little each day, it never stuck until today. This has been our greatest vacation ever and we have all agreed that New Mexico and Twin Mountain are our new favorite place. My kids don't want to leave and are begging us to buy the house and move here! Believe me that is a huge compliment coming from 6 native Texans. Thank you again and God willing we will be back next Christmas!" – Kingwood
- “Your cabin is beautiful! We really enjoyed our weekend get-a-way. Next time we’ll bring our 3 daughters to enjoy.” – El Paso, TX
- “We enjoyed your cabin very much. This was a wonderful experience.”
- “Perfect place for an adult getaway! We really enjoyed ourselves and wish we could have stayed longer.”
- “We had so much fun, next time we will bring our kids!” – Odessa, TX
- “Thank you for allowing us to use your home this weekend. We will stay hear again! Beautiful.”
- “We were married in your beautiful home on March 10th, 2007. What an amazing setting for a wedding. We had an intimate ceremony with some close family on your deck, looking out at the mountain. God provided a wonderful backdrop for our special day! Thanks so much for sharing this home that God has blessed you with. This place will always be filled with cherished memories for us, and we hope to bring our own family here in the future! God Bless!” – Odessa, TX
- “What a beautiful place here in the mountains. Comfortable beds, warm house, and the deer and turkey off the porch were unexpected and quite enjoyable to the kids. Plenty of hot water – wonderful showers. Hope to return next year again.”
- “We enjoyed your home so much. Look forward to a return engagement next year! The mule deer and turkey were an added bonus. Our deer in the Hill Country are not quite as gentle! The computer and Google Earth were also appreciated.”
- “This was our first family vacation with a new family addition (our son-in-law), and it was perfect. We enjoyed every minute of our stay! May God Bless you richly.”
- “Despite all the rain, we had an amazing time in your home. We look forward to staying here again and maybe next time we’ll see the black bear.” – Early, Littlefield, Comanche, & Katy, TX
- “Thank you! We have really enjoyed our stay – saw lots of deer.”
- “We had a wonderful time in your mountain home!” – Arlington, TX
- "We came to stay at your cabin with family from Texas, and our 2-year-old daughter particularly enjoyed running on the back deck and seeing deer, turkey, and hawks. Your home is lovely and spacious – thanks for sharing it!" – Erie, CO
- "Once again, for the third Thanksgiving in a row, our family has enjoyed your hospitality. We first came in 2005. We came in 2006, but I failed to write in your book. We have so many wonderful memories we take with us back to Mesquite. This year we had about 4 or 5 inches of beautiful snow. We saw deer, turkeys, and a big bull elk right outside the deck. Spectacular! We love it here and plan to make this a tradition, if the Lord wills. We wish you joy and blessings." – Mesquite
- "Thank you so much for opening up your beautiful cabin to us. We were here celebrating my husband’s 30th birthday with my Mom, his folks, and our two little boys ages 3 & 1. We’ve had a wonderful time here. I almost hit a black bear in the road, but I managed to stop in time. The views from the porch were breath taking." – San Antonio
- "What a blessed Christmas we had in your beautiful home with our loved ones! It was definitely a very memorable time for all of us. Your home is very cozy and comfortable as well as functional. We loved the kitchen and fixed many special meals in there. We played games, drank coffee, laughed a lot and shared a delicious Christmas meal that my mother in law and grandmother in law prepared. Our boys saw deer, elk and turkey, and enjoyed the brief periods of snow. We thank the Lord for the opportunity to spend Christmas 2007 here. May God Bless you!"
- "Thank you for the opportunity to lease your beautiful home especially during a holiday such as Christmas. We enjoy spending our Christmas holiday vacation in Ruidoso. We look forward to spending our vacation here again at the end of December. Happy New Year! May God continue to bless you and your family." – Beaumont
- “What a wonderful place to be to welcome the New Year of ‘06. Your home is lovely, and encourages us to keep dreaming for one like it for our family. We feel fortunate and very blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful place of yours.” – Artesia, NM
- “You have the most beautiful home. I will take these memories with me always. My family and I had a wonderful time and we look forward to coming again. My kids and I live in La Grange, TX so it was a very long drive but well worth it. Thank you for your hospitality and generosity. Happy New Year.” – La Grange, TX
- “Thank you so much for allowing us to rent your lovely home. Each January our bible study group comes up to Ruidoso for fellowship and fun. We so enjoyed our stay here that we are already making plans for January ‘07. You have truly been blessed. Thank you for being a blessing to others.” – El Paso, TX
- “Just a quick note to say what a lovely time we had. Unfortunately, we cut our visit short because of lack of snow. It is very peaceful here, and your home is very nice.” – Houston, TX
- “We had a great time once again in Ruidoso. Your beautiful, comfortable home made this trip even more pleasurable. We congratulate you on your efforts, we could see from the slide show that lots of love made this a wonderful home. The views are great all around this home and the stars at night were magnificent! We will certainly return – thanks again.” – San Antonio, TX
- “You have a beautiful home and we really enjoyed our visit here. Thank you for opening your doors and sharing your home.” – Alice & Corpus Christi, TX
- “We had a wonderful time in Ruidoso, and staying in your beautiful house made it more pleasurable. Thank you for opening your doors and letting us stay. We skied, partied, cooked, and had a lot of fun.”
- “We had an amazing time; your house is beautiful. We noticed the deer coming less than 10 feet away from you. New Mexico was our best vacation yet! Your house is gorgeous; we very much enjoyed our stay in your house.”
- “We enjoyed the peace and quiet along with the beautiful snow. We cut short our time because of the snow and lack of snow tires/chains on our vehicle. Being from Phoenix, the snow was a great treat for our grandchildren.” – Phoenix, AZ
- “Our stay here in your beautiful home was very relaxing; the peacefulness and serene views were breathtaking. God’s creation can never compare with anything man will attempt to create. We hope to enjoy your home in the future.” – Odessa, TX
- “Our family enjoyed staying in your beautiful home! It is such a relaxing and peaceful place. We enjoyed watching the hummingbirds and deer from the deck. Thanks again for your generosity and willingness to share your place in Ruidoso, and we look forward to visiting here again.” – Haskell, Wichita Falls, & Lubbock, TX
- “It was good. The cloud patterns, the stars, the ghostly mists rising on the mountains. The blessed cool, the forest fragrances… The solitude. Oh, The solitude! Thanks for the peace and comfort of your house.” – Houston, TX
- “Our second year here was even better. This year we had a new member of our family – our 4 ½ month old grandson. This is a wonderful place to gather with family and recharge your battery. The back porch is glorious in the morning and we ate supper out on the deck several times this year. Thanks for sharing your mountain home.” – Eldorado, TX
- “How we did enjoy your home. My family and I have been coming to Ruidoso since the early forties. My husband and I built a cabin in 1956. The four children enjoyed the freedom of fishing, going to Bennet’s Food store and building all kinds of forts on our lot. Now our grandchildren and great-grandchildren are enjoying this area. We try to have a family reunion every year here with the four children. This is the best accommodation we have found. Thanks for sharing with me and my children.”
- “We have thoroughly enjoyed our time in Ruidoso and in your lovely home. We saw several mule deer, hummingbirds, and maybe an elk! In spite of the rain, we were able to play golf one day. The rain and cooler weather has been a soothing change from our hot and dry weather in Texas.” – Sherman, TX
- “This is our second visit here to stay in your beautiful home. We enjoyed it so much we all agreed to visit again. After having such hot, dry weather at home it is a dear pleasure to experience the rain and coolness of the mountains. Your home is ideally situated to view the mountains and the wildlife. Thank you again for sharing your lovely home.” – Lubbock, TX
- “Thanks for allowing us to stay in your lovely home. It is so beautiful, as is the view. See you next year!” – Rankin, Flower Mound, Garland, & Mexia, TX
- “Our second time! Love it even more than the first time! Deer galore. Thanks so much.”
- “We loved it! Your home is wonderful. We will be back next year." – San Angelo, TX
- “We had a wonderful time and your home is beautiful! Saw lots of wildlife.” – Tucson, AZ
- “We saw turkey and deer from the balcony and the view is awesome – Thanks for sharing your lovely home.” – TX & OK
- “We had a wonderful time. You have a beautiful home. We shall lease your home again next year. Happy Holidays.” – Beaumont, TX
- “You have a beautiful mountain home. The breath-taking views and serene setting brought us a little closer to our son Matthew who is in Heaven. …… And we hope to return here to Twin Mountain as well.” – Ft. Worth, TX
- “We had a great vacation in Ruidoso and in your home. It is so nice and relaxing up here! Beautiful view! Thank you for sharing your home away from home with us!” – Eldorado, TX
- “We all thoroughly enjoyed your lovely home. The English couple enjoyed the sun, the Texans loved the cool weather, as did the 1 year old twins. Thanks so very much for sharing with us.”
- “We have really appreciated the home and its uniqueness and space. The only thing we missed this time was cool, rainy weather which was just missing.”
- “The home you built is very beautiful and spacious. Hope some day I would be able to enjoy a place like this, and call it my own. My wife would love your kitchen.” – Andrews, TX
- “Thank you for sharing your beautiful mountain home. Your home has the most fabulous views in all of Ruidoso – even from the couch! We have stayed in your Park Place cabin as well – very nice. This was the perfect getaway for our kids before the school year started. We are already planning our next trip to Twin Mountain.” – Childress, TX
- “Thanks so much for allowing us the opportunity to enjoy your fabulous new getaway! We love it so much – the views, the quietness, and the spacious relaxing atmosphere, that we did not leave for two days. We are just sorry that we had to leave.” – Odessa, TX
- “Thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your beautiful mountain home. The views were amazing and there was plenty of room for each of us to relax. We are already planning another trip back and cannot wait to stay here again.” – Lubbock, Austin, & College Station, TX
- “This has been wonderful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with our family. It has truly been a peaceful, relaxing time. It has such a calm and graceful atmosphere that the wildlife even feels free to approach the house. We have enjoyed seeing the deer, turkeys, many birds, and especially the hummingbirds. They are such a delight. It will be hard to return home after the mountain coolness and scenery.” – Lubbock, TX
- “We loved the house. Very nice and we will be back. Thanks so much.” – Rankin, Garland, & Mexia, TX
- “You have a beautiful home. We are here for our family reunion and felt very much “at home” and Close to God!” – Texas California, South Dakota, & Arkansas
- “Thanks so much for allowing us to stay in your home. It was great and we will be back!” – Lamesa, TX & Little Rock, AR
- “Thanks for your beautiful home. It is a special place that I am sure you are both very proud of.” – Denver City, TX
- “Really loved your home. The view is awesome.”
- “You have a beautiful home. We all really enjoyed our weekend here. Thanks so much for your hospitality.”
- “We’d stay here again. I loved the décor.” – El Paso, TX
- “We have had a wonderful time in your warm and comfy home. It was a great stay.” – Austin, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful cabin with others! We loved it! Look forward to returning soon.” – Ft. Worth, TX
- “We truly enjoyed our stay in your beautiful home. The friendliness, kindness, and generosity we have gotten from the people of Texas have made this our best trip ever.” – Alaska
- “Thank you for helping us show our Alaskan friends the beautiful mountains! We all enjoyed our stay and look forward to visiting again.” – Eldorado, TX
- “Thanks for a wonderful first trip as “empty nesters!” The views from your mountain home – breathtaking! We had a wonderful time.” – Junction, TX
- “What beauty and peace [the two of you] provide to others. Thank you for the wonderful “get away” time.” – San Angelo, TX
- “Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us. We truly enjoyed it. It was a wonderful place to spend the Thanksgiving holiday. We were away from home on Thanksgiving for the first time in 40 years of marriage. The Lord has truly blessed us as we were able to be here with all of our children and grandchildren. What a memorable time for all of us. We really enjoyed your slide show on the construction of your home. It looks like you both put a great deal of yourselves into making it so warm and comfortable. We saw deer nearly every morning and some of us were fortunate enough to see a bull elk on the highway toward Cloudcroft. Thanks again so much and may God bless you. Hope we will be able to come again sometime.”
- “We are so overwhelmed it’s fun. The house is beautiful! We will have so many memories in this house and will look forward to visiting again.”
- “Last day and we do wish we would have stayed longer, but this will not be the last time we will want this cabin. Twin Mountain was great; we loved everything about it.”
- “We have a lot of THANKS to give you for this paradise that GOD gave you and you shared with us. This is our fifth time in Ruidoso and it was the best and most pleasurable place we had been. God bless you and let you give this happiness to many people more. Your house is MARVELOUS!” – Laredo, TX